• Trade Count: (0)
« on: Fri, 23 December 2011, 20:08:38 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 August 2012, 16:10:48 by dante »

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
How about you list a price you're looking to buy it at, that would attract some buyers to want to PM you
Keyboardless

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
The Topre keyboards (RF and HHKB alike) will typically go for a higher resale value.  The TKL versions will also be pricier than the 103 versions.

For reference, I recently sold my 86UB (near mint, with about 9-10 months of ownership) for $200 locally, and that's at the lower end of the spectrum I would say for a used, near mint 86UB.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
I paid $220 shipped for mine.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Quote from: dante;477355
How long ago was this?  Maybe I can do $190 tops if the seller has a grade a+ feedback score.

BTW: I've seen many youtube videos that have a plastic dust cover; was this something that was included or was it $$$?

This was two or three weeks ago.  I got extra control and caps lock keys and a keypuller, but no dust cover.  From what I've seen $200 is about as low as these go.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
I'm with hashbaz on this, $200 is really on the low end and might wait awhile before getting one at that price.

Best of luck finding it though :)
Keyboardless

Offline mehkat1974

I have an 86UB that I have been thinking about selling - probably won't do so for a while though now + I am I'm not in the US so it's not much use to you, but just regarding the price - I wouldn't even think of letting it go for 160, you should be thinking about 200 at least. Mine will be harder to sell here because we have recently got a shop distributing 87Us selling for 270. I got the 86UB when they were a lot harder to come by. Also, get the money and then start looking, I would be surprised if anyone will be happy being paid in installments, a good sale is a fast sale.
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline mehkat1974

Funny I also prefer the 86UB for what it doesnt have - LEDs! The big advantage on the 87 is the keycap sets you can get, I just assumed they would also be out there for the 86
Yeah IMO it isn't really worth going second hand for these boards they seem to hold their value so well, I mean once you're at the 200-250 mark for a keyboard I feel you might as well go that bit extra for a new one.
Anyway best of luck with it, you certainly won't be disappointed with a Realforce!
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline inaneframe

Quote from: dante;477447

The big question is: will there be any hidden charges/fines coming into the states.

By the time you get it here, you would have been better off getting it from EK.

Offline jpm804

• KeyCap Assasin
If you havent seen this yet, one on eBay right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realforce-86UB-Tenkeyless-/220918316219?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item336fc1fcbb

Also when I sold mine I sold it for $190 + Shipping which I thought was fair price. I have never seen the 86U's dip lower than that mostly the 103U's dip lower in price.
REALFORCE|FILCO|HHKB|KBC POKER X|LEOPOLD|CM STORM|SIIG (GHSS)|IBM SSK

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Sold mine for 215 shipped to Canada.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Gerk

Quote from: demik;477797
Sold mine for 215 shipped to Canada.

And I bought it at that price from demik :)

I also picked one up locally for $175 -- but it has a noticeable ding/scratch on it (right hand side) which was probably the reason for the cheaper price, but I don't care so much about that.  Probably not going to resell that one anyway and it works perfectly.  Typing on it right now in fact.
Rosewill RK-9000RE (reds) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (browns) | Leopold TKL (browns) | F21-7D "Mechanical Keyboard" (Blue Alps) | Filco Majestouch TKL (blues) | Goldtouch V2 x 2 | Matias Ergo Pro x 2 | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (browns) | Kinesis Freestyle Edge (reds)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Quote from: Gerk;477954
And I bought it at that price from demik :)

I also picked one up locally for $175 -- but it has a noticeable ding/scratch on it (right hand side) which was probably the reason for the cheaper price, but I don't care so much about that.  Probably not going to resell that one anyway and it works perfectly.  Typing on it right now in fact.
but to be honest, it only went at that price due to shipping. im sure if you can get one in the states the shipping would be much better thus a cheaper price.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.