Author Topic: [ALL SHIPPED] Riddler's Question Mark (?) Double Shot Keycap Group Buy  (Read 103507 times)

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
[ALL SHIPPED] Riddler's Question Mark (?) Double Shot Keycap Group Buy
« Reply #500 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:12:50 »
Tsangan, screw this.  Send the keycaps back.  

Guys, he has to sell 100 of these god-damned wrongly made keycaps at $2 each to even break even.  100 keycaps!  One hundred!  If you think he is going to sell all 500 of them at $2 each, then you should just buy all of them at tsangan's cost and resell them yourself at however much you think you can sell them for.  Simple as that.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #501 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:16:25 »
im with litster, if everybody is going to ***** and complain i wouldn't even bother with the headaches and just tell SP to take them back.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline litster

« Reply #502 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:19:29 »
This is called NATO.  No Action, Talk Only.

Offline Josh Nath

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:20:30 »
I'll take one of each color if possible.  I'm fine with the price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leopold FC200RT

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:24:06 »
Quote from: demik;559908
im with litster, if everybody is going to ***** and complain i wouldn't even bother with the headaches and just tell SP to take them back.
agreed. this is completely ridiculous. send them back.

if you people still want them you can buy them for 2$ each from SP + 3.75 shipping. tsangan is trying to do everyone a huge favor without losing his shirt and all he gets for it is *****ing and moaning? eff that.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #505 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:24:52 »
Tsangan ran this buy at cost, guys.  He's not trying to gouge us.  He has an opportunity to get us some extra keys which no one expected, but he has to front his own money.  The circumstances are such that it's all or nothing, right now, yes or no.  He's taking all the risk, and we're getting the reward of extra keys at a very reasonable price.  No one needs 50 or 100 of these things.  And who knows how well they will sell, even at $1?  I will happily pay him $2 each for a few R1 question marks.

If tsangan makes a bunch of money, I call that karma.  But like litster has been pointing out, it's by no means guaranteed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:27:22 by hashbaz »

Offline mickd

« Reply #506 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:34:34 »
Quote from: litster;559903
Tsangan, screw this.  Send the keycaps back.  

Agreed that this would be the easiest, and I would recommend this.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #507 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:35:01 »
Wait... who's *****ing and moaning at 2 bucks a piece keycap? lol
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline litster

« Reply #508 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:36:00 »
Go back 2 to 3 pages, you will see them.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #509 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:38:11 »
if i see any of the people complaining buying from rag's left over sale thread im going to............. do nothing really. but boy will i wave my finger at my screen!!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #510 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:39:29 »
Quote from: reaper;559931

Quote from: litster;559934
Go back 2 to 3 pages, you will see them.

Kids these days have been spoiled by the novelty key buy.  Which was run by tsangan.  $0.35 / key?  I'll order 300!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #511 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:43:49 »
^ Exactly.  My point is if you can't afford 2 bucks a piece keycap then perhaps you shouldn't be here.

This is Geekhack where $400 keyboards are the norm. :heh:
Din Eli

Offline mickd

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:44:54 »
People are taking things too personally I think. There are lots of different people in this world, and people are going to have varying opinions on this. Just because someone's opinion is different to yours doesn't mean that they are trying to offend you. We're all just voicing our opinions, as long as no one is personally attacking anyone else, I don't think any of this discussion should be an issue. Calm down everyone! If someone's post truly was offensive, report it.

If you don't agree with someone, voice that, but don't just call them names and cut them out. That's my 2c on this... So keep it civil guys!

EDIT: By the way, $2 a keycap is nothing, but there are some people that would like to buy a whole row of these keys to put on their keyboards. Suddenly buying 15 makes sense for them, and at $2 each, the price starts to add up. I do agree that no one should buy 100 of these to turn around and sell for profit. If they genuinely need 100 though, then I'm still ok with that.
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:48:02 by mickd »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #513 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:45:19 »
Quote from: reaper;559943

This is Geekhack where $400 keyboards are the norm.

if you're:

kisa
reaper
tsangan
ripster
mmmty
topre club
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:48:33 by demik »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:47:25 »
^ Your forgot mmmty and his TypeNow Solid, sherryton with his Type-S, etc. =P
Din Eli

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #515 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:48:37 »
fixed!

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #516 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:49:08 »
Quote from: mickd;559896
There seem to be a lot of people willing to take the risk off his shoulders (if that is what he is worried about), and collaborate to get this done in a more traditional manner. Ultimately it's his choice, and he has built a reputation here with his previous group buys, but I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with the approach Tsangan chose. If he wants to profit out of this he can, but I feel a ROI of 460% is too high.

I think a good compromise would be selling them at $1 a key (to the people that are already in this group buy), and maybe $2 a key to everyone else. I still don't like this idea but at least it doesn't feel like you're trying to completely profit off of us.

I think what fstop said in a previous post is very accurate to how I feel.

There is close to 1200 extra keys total, because of the 2 colours, if it was just 200 keys for me to move thats not that bad.

If I sell it at $1 a piece I have to sell near 400 keys to cover my cost, this is also non confirmed orders or anything.

I feel sad that people see this as me trying to take money from everyone, when in the end I just really want to share these keycaps and get on with more GBs I have planned.

To everyone that have spoken up for me thank you! I really appreciate it!
Keyboardless

Offline litster

« Reply #517 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:51:54 »
I think it is all in the math.  Math is hard.  But this is just simple addition and multiplication.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:53:33 »
I say screw it man if people are gonna treat you that way it is not worth it. Send the keys back and give the haters the finger!

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46168[/ATTACH]

^actual pic of Tsangan
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline litster

« Reply #519 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:54:21 »
Huck the faters!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:54:53 »
Quote from: reaper;559949
^ Your forgot mmmty and his TypeNow Solid, sherryton with his Type-S, etc. =P
topre club is already included!

Quote from: tsangan;559951

I feel sad that people see this as me trying to take money from everyone, when in the end I just really want to share these keycaps and get on with more GBs I have planned.

and THAT sucks. this is exactly why i told people i was buying extras to sell at a higher cost after the GB closes and people laughed because i asked.

Quote from: ripster;559963
Exactly.  And make Melissa send you signed picture that says, "Sorry, Tsangan".

i like how you think Brother Ripster!

Offline mickd

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:55:58 »
Quote from: tsangan;559951

I really do appreciate your work Tsangan, and I won't hesitate to purchase from you again in the future. Regardless of what you do, I will ALWAYS appreciate your hard work. I guess what I'm concerned about is this:

1. You have to buy all or none. So you're going to have 1200 keys.
2. You're going to sell them at $2 each, since of course you won't be able to sell all 1200 of them.
3. You sell them at $2 each and eventually break even, and maybe make a little bit of profit (this is good).
4. You now have 900 keys left over with people in the community, especially people that originally ordered from this group buy, that would LOVE to be able to put a whole row of riddler keys on their keyboards, but can't afford to pay $30-40 to do it (since they're poor university students).

I'm really fine with steps 1-3, its step 4 that makes me a little bit sad. I do hope you see what I'm saying with this, and I really do not mean to offend you with this. It would just be nice if a compromise could be made for the people in that position.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #522 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:58:55 »
Ok thats reasonable mickd you can have a bulk order @ $1.99 each
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #523 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 22:58:56 »
the compromise is not buy a whole row of keycaps and just buying what you can afford.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #524 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:01:15 »
Quote from: whiskerBox;559960
I say screw it man if people are gonna treat you that way it is not worth it. Send the keys back and give the haters the finger!

(Attachment Link) 46168[/ATTACH]

^actual pic of Tsangan

How do YOU picture tsangan?

Offline mickd

« Reply #525 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:04:13 »
I guess you guys aren't looking at the first half of what I wrote under point 4. ;) What of the 900 keycaps that no one expects to be sold? That keycap love would be much better spent shared. I actually have a fun idea with this. Spread some of the extra 900 keycaps over all your future group buys. Until the extras are gone. Say 1 or 2 per creamcheese set people order, etc.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #526 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:04:18 »
i swear to god if i had a penny for every time an undergrad complained about being SO POOR OH MY GOD I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT AND I HAVE NO MONEY

i'd have a lot of pennies i guess

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline mickd

« Reply #527 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:05:09 »
Quote from: mkawa;559977

And if that's all you had, you'd be one of us ;)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:07:01 »
spare me, please.

I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA:

give all the unsold keys to a homeless shelter so that the homeless people who have trouble surviving day to day can put them on the mechanical keyboards they've scrimped and saved for because they and novelty keys are clearly essential products for survival, more so than food, shelter, and alcohol. done, done and DONE. PROBLEM SOLVED, TSANGAN. time to wrap this sucker up!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:11:19 by mkawa »

Offline litster

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:11:46 »
Another thing people forget is, there will already be 500+ (or however many originally ordered) of the correct ? keycaps purhcased.  There simply isn't enough demand in the market for an additional 1,200 ? keycaps.  a whole row of Fn keys with ?,  you will need 100 keyboards to fill them all!  And they can't be Pokers!

Does anyone honestly thinl there will be 100 buyers to buy 12 ? keys?  or 2 buyers with 50 keyboards each and want ? for all their Fn keys on all their 50 cherry compatible keyboards?

Offline litster

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:13:22 »
Quote from: mkawa;559981
spare me, please.

I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA:

give all the unsold keys to a homeless shelter so that the homeless people who have trouble surviving day to day can put them on the mechanical keyboards they've scrimped and saved for because they and novelty keys are clearly essential products for survival, more so than food, shelter, and alcohol. done, done and DONE. PROBLEM SOLVED, TSANGAN. time to wrap this sucker up!

Yes, next time food banks need food, we will do a keycap drive!  For the poor and unfortunate!

Offline captain

« Reply #531 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:17:10 »
Quote from: litster;559659
Easiest thing to do is to send the keycaps back to SP.  Forget this ever happened.

Not only that, but it'll teach them a lesson. Despite wanting some of them, I suggest you send the whole lot back and be sure to remind Melissa that they are YOUR COPYRIPGHT, so she can't throw them up on pimpmykeyboard. ;-)

By keeping them at all, you are simply enabling bad behavior at SP toward us, and that doesn't serve our community.

Send them back, and demand compensation for your wasted time...  20% discount on all future GH GBs!!  :-D
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:26:27 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline mickd

« Reply #532 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:18:08 »
Quote from: mickd;559976
I actually have a fun idea with this. Spread some of the extra 900 keycaps over all your future group buys. Until the extras are gone. Say 1 or 2 per creamcheese set people order, etc.

Quote from: mkawa;559981
I HAVE A BRILLIANT IDEA:

Now that was uncalled for! I was being serious with my idea, but I'll take that as you disagreeing with me.

Quote from: litster;559983
Does anyone honestly thinl there will be 100 buyers to buy 12 ? keys?  or 2 buyers with 50 keyboards each and want ? for all their Fn keys on all their 50 cherry compatible keyboards?

I agree, definitely not. Which is why I think my idea about might be kind of cool ;) Tsangan can go ahead wit his plan to sell them for $2 each, and the indubitably high volume of extras can go to a nice loving home.

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #533 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:23:34 »
I'm totally also for sending them back to SP.  I seriously would rather they melt them down than ~900 keys or so sit around unsold forever.  SP ****ed up and what captain said is totally spot on.
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #534 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:32:00 »
Quote from: mickd;559989
Now that was uncalled for! I was being serious with my idea, but I'll take that as you disagreeing with me.
actually you can take that as me not reading your idea lol. i think that's not a bad idea. IF he keeps them, he should obviously do what he can to make some money with them. whatever's left is his choice; giving them away for free, taking hilarious pictures of full keyboards covered with question marks, whatever.

for the record, i was still riffing on your starving student thing.

anyway, i think 2$ is a darn fair price, so the question is capital needed to buy the defective product. if you want investors and you do want to keep them, let me know; i suspect there are others would be willing to contribute too to help spread the risk. i'm not interested in the caps, but as always, i'd like to help the community and can chip in a bit.

Offline captain

« Reply #535 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:32:29 »
Thanks for being open about all this, tsangan!  And thanks for making cost effective keycaps possible for us.

Now, send those mistakes back, and tell SP we are ELITE, and will not tolerate less than PERFECTION.  ...and get some sleep. ;-)

PS: The more I think about this the more adamant I am about returning them. At 1000 count SP's RETAIL price is 41¢/ea.  Knocking 6¢ off, for us to eat their crap, is a damn insult! That, along with sprue marks, and thin brittle ABS... and I'm about ready to give up on SP completely, and cancel my Round4 and all other SP GBs. :-/
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:40:32 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline mickd

« Reply #536 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 23:43:39 »
Quote from: mkawa;560000
for the record, i was still riffing on your starving student thing.

Ah, now it makes sense! Let's see if Tsangan likes the idea or not. I think it's kinda cool, and it'll give more incentive for people to buy from his other group buys, which will benefit everyone :)

Quote from: captain;560002
Now, send those mistakes back, and tell SP we are ELITE, and will not tolerate less than PERFECTION.  ...and get some sleep. ;-)

This as well!!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 00:50:20 »
Quote from: mkawa;559977
i swear to god if i had a penny for every time an undergrad complained about being SO POOR OH MY GOD I'M A COLLEGE STUDENT AND I HAVE NO MONEY

Well, if your parents aren't paying for your college, it is very expensive. Almost as expensive as trying to pay back those $50,000 college loans on an hourly job.
---
I'm unworried about Tsangan's pricing here. I'm "interested" in about 3 each of the "error" keys, but I can't afford them at the current price. If this happens, I'll see about taking a few, but I'm already getting close to my keyboard budget as it is (what with WYSE and round3 and all)

Offline Thion

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 03:44:51 »
I'd like 1 of each color of the error keys.
If you'd sell them at .35$, i'd take a full func row of each color.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2012, 03:49:34 by Thion »

Offline JSchool

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 06:35:24 »
Quote from: Thion;560161
I'd like 1 of each color of the error keys.
If you'd sell them at .35$, i'd take a full func row of each color.

^ This.

Offline fstop

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 07:43:23 »
Has tsangan come to a conclusion yet? I think the issue has discussed enough... it gets a little annoying when people start taking sides and being defensive about it. Everyone here understands, or should understand, tsangan's integrity and ability to run a GB properly so there should be nothing personal about this discussion.

Can some of us not help feeling slightly uncomfortable with the situation? Sure. Should anyone be accusing tsangan of taking advantage of the situation? Absolutely not. I'm sure he's doing what's necessary without profit motivations. It would of been nice if there was a chance for someone to organize things as if it were a normal GB order but since there's not guarantee of how that would play out then there shouldn't really be much else to argue about.
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline Zehkul

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 08:10:39 »
Quote from: reaper;559931

I’m not. I find it sad that he’s NOT going to sell them all and that a lot of caps is going waste, but sadly there doesn’t seem to be a better solution…

Quote from: demik;559938
if i see any of the people complaining buying from rag's left over sale thread im going to............. do nothing really. but boy will i wave my finger at my screen!!

I’ve got no problem with people making profit of GBs, and Rag sells all of his keys. ;P

Quote from: mickd;559944
People are taking things too personally I think. There are lots of different people in this world, and people are going to have varying opinions on this. Just because someone's opinion is different to yours doesn't mean that they are trying to offend you. We're all just voicing our opinions, as long as no one is personally attacking anyone else, I don't think any of this discussion should be an issue. Calm down everyone! If someone's post truly was offensive, report it.

If you don't agree with someone, voice that, but don't just call them names and cut them out. That's my 2c on this... So keep it civil guys!

Exactly. I just want to find the best solution for this, and that’s why I’m discussing. I don’t want to offend anyone, I just want to help tsangan in this situation, because I don't think he wants to make loads of money from this (lol), but has the same goal as I have, spreading those keys to fellow Geekhackers without any negative side effects (him taking risk, losing money, whatever). And for your information, I've written this before I read Tsangan's post stating exactly this.

Quote from: mickd;559976
What of the 900 keycaps that no one expects to be sold? That keycap love would be much better spent shared. I actually have a fun idea with this. Spread some of the extra 900 keycaps over all your future group buys. Until the extras are gone. Say 1 or 2 per creamcheese set people order, etc.

That's actually the best idea I've seen so far!! I fully support this. :) Downside: He'll sell less of them now.
I'm not even that much against sending them back now. The more I think about it... But I doubt it'll teach SP a lesson, lol.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 08:11:18 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46183[/ATTACH]

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #543 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 10:01:42 »
Alright decision has been made and the extra R1 (ESC Row) keys will be sold at $2/key, if you think all I'm doing is trying to make lots and lots of money off you I will direct you to the last 3 pages of this thread.

To everyone else, thank you for your understanding and I hope you enjoy the keys when I send them out.

I will make a Google spreadsheet soon to accommodate everyone's order
Keyboardless

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 10:32:49 »
Quote from: tsangan;560375
Alright decision has been made and the extra R1 (ESC Row) keys will be sold at $2/key, if you think all I'm doing is trying to make lots and lots of money off you I will direct you to the last 3 pages of this thread.

To everyone else, thank you for your understanding and I hope you enjoy the keys when I send them out.

I will make a Google spreadsheet soon to accommodate everyone's order

Sweet :D

Sent from a phone...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline litster

« Reply #545 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:06:10 »
From now on this incident shall be referred to the Tsangwich Incident.  Tsangan was sandwiched by SP and his fellow Geekhackers.  This will happen again, and when it does, we will say, "you just got Tsangwiched!"

Thank you, I am here all week!

:yo:

Offline jellowiggler

« Reply #546 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:07:43 »
So new ordering thread for the oops? Or are you just going to auto add the oops keys to the original orders and charge accordingly?

I just know that I would be ok of you just charged me and sent the good keys with the bad in one go.
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #547 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:08:58 »
Quote from: litster;560413
From now on this incident shall be referred to the Tsangwich Incident.  Tsangan was sandwiched by SP and his fellow Geekhackers.  This will happen again, and when it does, we will say, "you just got Tsangwiched!"

Thank you, I am here all week!

:yo:

He already has an add on set named after him! His head will get too big now :p

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #548 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:17:03 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46235[/ATTACH]

into

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46234[/ATTACH]

????
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:19:14 by tsangan »
Keyboardless

Offline litster

« Reply #549 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 11:25:46 »
I had no idea there are cards for the Tsangwich Incident.  I think we need a group buy for the cards!