Author Topic: Anyone in Europe want to help me out?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline N8N

Anyone in Europe want to help me out?
« on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 21:55:32 »
I'm posting here because I know there's at least a couple European members here... I think I may be buying a new (to me) vehicle soon, and I'm kind of a snob about good lighting, and I've found that European spec stuff is far superior to American, and there's some other nice things like the requirement for rear fog lights that we don't have.

Long story short, I am looking for a pair of European taillights for a Jeep Cherokee (not Grand), 1997 or newer, and also a 2-position fog light switch for the same vehicle.  If any of you are in the habit of scouring wrecking yards I'd be forever in your debt (at least until the check clears) if you would be willing to pick them up for me...  if it's possible to grab the sockets and wiring as well that'd be even better!
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 December 2011, 22:13:59 »
N8N, please check your local laws.  Rear fogs are illegal in all the states I'm familiar with without a Park-lever interlock.  Basically don't get caught using them on a road.  Buddy of mine got a nasty ticket when a cop noticed him flashing them at someone while stopped at a red light.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline flyball

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 00:57:44 »
all this for a jeep
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline N8N

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 December 2011, 06:07:29 »
Hey, I need a truck...  it beats the crap out of my F-150.  And it's 4WD so I don't have to worry about when I can and can't visit my family.

I've enabled the rear fog in the taillights of at least three of my cars (Porsche 944, VW Scirocco, VW GTI) and the funny thing is I've never felt the need to use it on road.  But there have been times when I've been caught in pea soup fog in vehicles *without* one and really wished that I had some way of letting people know that I was out there besides those wimpy little 5W taillight bulbs :/

Now the E-code headlights... those are a must have.  That's one thing I hate about the Ford, they weren't sold in Europe so don't have E-codes available... and the stock Ford headlights SUCK.  I had Cibié reflectors w/ H4s and a relay harness in the 944 and got spoiled.  Definitely going to do that to the Cherokee as well.
Filco Majestouch-2 with Cherry Corp. doubleshot keys - Leopold Tenkeyless Tactile Force with Wyse doubleshots - Silicon Graphics 9500900 - WASD V1 - IBM Model M 52G9658 - Noppoo Choc Pro with Cherry lasered PBT keycaps - Wyse 900866-01 - Cherry G80-8200LPBUS/07 - Dell AT101W - several Cherry G81s (future doubleshot donors) (order of current preference) (dang I have too many keyboards, I really only need two)