Author Topic: Black Dell AT101W  (Read 1675 times)

Offline canthonytucci

• Trade Count: (0)
Black Dell AT101W
« on: Sat, 14 January 2012, 11:44:05 »
Hello, clearing out some of my stuff and came across this guy:
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 37500[/ATTACH]

Black alps switches.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 37501[/ATTACH]

Condition:
Keys in decent shape, starting to show shininess on a few.
Has a chip on the switch under the insert key, does not seem make any difference in regard to function or security of the key (feels the same as all the others to me).

I took the caps off and cleaned them all w/ some soap & water, but have not done anything else (didnt even have any compressed air).

Some scratches on the bottom of the case.

Hefty! 145.3 Grams.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 37502[/ATTACH]

Worth anything to you? Let me know. Interesting trades considered.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Lusit

Black Dell AT101W
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 13:24:16 »
This interests me.  I tried to get an AT101W on eBay about a month ago, but the guy ran into some troubles and I never got it, money refunded though.  I paid 10 dollars for it (excluding shipping).

Offline canthonytucci

Black Dell AT101W
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 18:13:01 »
It's a nice board. It's just, huge. Is really only worth $10? I saw a few on eBay and they seemed more expensive, but not many had bids.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline False_Dmitry_II

Black Dell AT101W
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 00:19:00 »
Well, on ebay it is potentially more likely that people who are trying to get them just know they are mechanical. People here don't particularly like them.

Better prices on ebay are generally also for BNIB ones.

While it is the black version, which looks nicer than the other one what with how computers and whatnot look now, it is also pretty durned shiny.

I have a nearly identical one. Only reason I still have it is because it has a good build quality - I might eventually use it as a platform for different switches and I'd replace the keycaps that I can with AEKII dyed ones.
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
Black Dell AT101W
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 07:36:34 »
These boards can be good or bad. The build quality is great, and they are sweet to use as long as the switches stay clean. If they get gritty and nasty at some point, they are no good. I got a new one with a Dell set in the late-90s and used it for years. It is still good and my son is using it today.

The black ones do not age well, appearance-wise. I have had beige ones that were yellowed, but mostly they hold their looks pretty well.

I have bought and sold several on ebay, they usually trade in the $15-25 range plus shipping. Black ones are much harder to find.

Expect to buy 2-3 before you get a nice one, or wait patiently for a NIB.
"It's 110, but it doesn't feel it to me, right. If anybody goes down. Everybody was so worried yesterday about you and they never mentioned me. I'm up here sweating like a dog. They don’t think about me. This is hard work.
Do you feel the breeze? I don't want anybody going on me. We need every voter. I don't care about you. I just want your vote. I don't care."
- Donald Trump - Las Vegas 2024-06-09

Offline Crowat

Black Dell AT101W
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 24 January 2012, 15:17:04 »
Lol, was just walking by some old cubes in our overflow building and noticed one just sitting there next to a pile of junk.  I may snag it and try it out to see if it works.