Author Topic: Lorem Ipsum  (Read 11417 times)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 15:15:53 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:41:14 by davkol »

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

left-handed mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 17:09:43 »
Can you go to the shop with a laptop and plug mice from the exhibition? Some of the cheapest, most basic "ambidextrous" (marketing-happy way of not presenting "not profiled" as a negative) Microsofts or Logitechs are surprisingly good, as are bottom of the line A4-techs (which are even cheaper). All you need is to find the right one for your hand size and shape. The problem, however, is dpi, especially if you have a big screen. Dpi may limit you to "gaming" products, although there's plenty of noname or poor name 1200 and 1600 dpi optical or laser mice in the market. Some are rubber coated. Buttons may be a problem, especially in terms of drivers.

This said, there was a left-handed version of Razer's Deathadder, a big-sized, profiled, palm-gripping mouse. It might be worth looking at. Probably the closest to what you need. Perhaps within €30.

May want to look at this, though: http://www.ttesports.com/products/product.aspx?s=14. Basic, no-nonsense mouse with rubber coating, braided cable and low friction movement.

Also look at Steelseries Xai. Looks like millions of people have loved it over several years by now and it's used by a number of professional gamers (probably because of sponsorship reasons but anyway). It has high res (up to 5000 dpi or a bit more), it has additional buttons, it is huge, it has the coating etc. Depending on your subjective preference, it may turn out better than a specifically left-hand profiled mouse (for example I dislike most right-hand profiled mice).

By the way, you sure about palm grip? I used to be but I've found out that in many cases a small and light mouse will be less painful to operate than a huge palm-gripper, even with big hands.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2012, 17:21:15 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 18:21:42 »
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:41:57 by davkol »

Offline NewbieOneKenobi

left-handed mouse?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 January 2012, 19:53:36 »
I would definitely not buy cheap mice without having an opportunity to try them. Or else you'll end up with 20 of them, like my keyboard adventure (and I have a bunch of mice too...).

Hmmm... if you don't want to bend your wrist, perhaps you should consider smaller dpis? Then you'd be able to relegate a lot of the movement to your arm and shoulder, "low-sens" style (which is the reason why some guys have those huge mouse pads). Also, you could try and find the right pivot for your hand. For example, if you use the bone of your wrist as the pivot, placing it on the edge of the desk, it gets easier in RTS gaming (less effort required). There are probably better and worse positions for the elbow etc. too (e.g. I used to keep my elbow on the window sill, some 10 cm above the desk surface) if you go for shoulder swipes instead. A lawyer I knew used a long plush cylinder to elevate her wrists for typing and mousing (better than those wrist rests that stop your circulation).

Don't worry about gaming and wireless. Almost all gaming mice are wired and even some wireless ones have a wire option. ;)

By the way, if you want something lighter in weight, look at Steelseries Kana. This thing is 124 mm long, 64 wide and 37 high and it weighs only 72 grams. I actually wrote to them a couple of hours ago to ask how they pulled it off. I have to fight off my urge but 72 grams is really tempting me and my aching hands.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 January 2012, 19:57:54 by NewbieOneKenobi »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 January 2012, 08:13:30 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:42:19 by davkol »

Offline Dobbs2010

left-handed mouse?
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 05:39:25 »
Quote from: davkol;491604
I'm not able to reply right now, but I've an opportunity to get Roccat Kova+ with mouse pad (Roccat Sense) at quite good price. Should I go for it?

I just bought the Kova+ yesterday and it feels superb.  My only slight niggle is having only medium size hands it still feels a little on the small side.  I changed from an orginal Razer Deathadder as the scroll wheel button only worked when it felt like it.  

This is my first Roccat product and I must say the build quality feels very impressive.  The scroll wheel on this mouse is probably the best I've ever used, I know its subjective and feel is a personal thing but it's about twice the thickness of a standard scroll wheel and has a really nice smooth quiet action to it.  Also with a little practice I think it will be very easy to use the buttons on both sides of the mouse which is handy having another couple of buttons, I've set them to DPI switches.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 15:57:26 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:42:39 by davkol »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 17:48:37 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:43:15 by davkol »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 16:46:48 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:44:52 by davkol »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: left-handed mouse?
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 17:08:06 »
I absolutely love my Wow Joy Pen but there is no left-hand version.

I use a very old Microsoft Optical Wheel mouse on the left side and it works well. I like a fairly large mouse that is not heavy, and only use the basic buttons.

The Evoluent left-hand mouse that I used was just awful - far too upright and too difficult to operate without involving the entire hand.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 17:14:44 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:45:21 by davkol »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 14 April 2013, 18:37:10 »
I use 1680x1060 but I never game, although I do a fair amount of music and photo editing.

Honestly, I don't know what my mouse settings are. I am embarrassed to admit that since I switched over to Windows 7, I have never been able to find my way to the "Mouse" part of the Control Panel that is like the old (95/98/XP) one. There is something called "Mouse" but it does not have any information or choices of settings like the old hardware control did. For a year I have obviously been using the default setting, whatever that is.

Attached are front and rear photos of a right-hand Joy and a left-hand Evoluent.

With flat mice, you are able to tap straight down and your palm does little more than steady the body of the mouse.

With the Joy, leaning toward the center about 45 degrees, I find myself dragging the last 2 fingers off the side, and this really helps with stability and accuracy. The thumb position feels very relaxed and natural. To me, it is the perfect configuration.

The Evoluent, being almost completely upright, forces you to "pinch" back with your thumb to resist the force of a mouse click - gravity is not helping you at all - and the fingers are trying to move the mouse laterally. Forcing the thumb to be involved probably triples the number of muscles involved in a mouse click, making it unbearably cumbersome and annoying to me.

The Evoluent also employs some kind of "predictive" positioning which I was never able to get in synch with.

Surely there is a market for a left-hand Joy, or similar knock-off.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 02:06:14 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:46:01 by davkol »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 15 April 2013, 09:23:08 »
The problem is what happens to the "equal and opposite" force to resist the push to click.

With a flat mouse, you could take one finger and press straight down towards the table to register a click. Gravity and friction keep the mouse in place against the force of your click.

When the mouse is upright, the force of the click wants to make the mouse move in the opposite direction, and your thumb must be there to resist it. This means that the entire hand must be involved with everything, all the time.

Instead of only moving the index finger up and down, the entire hand is opening and closing like a clam shell.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 12:25:14 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:46:29 by davkol »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 13:00:52 »
Swapping switches is pretty easy. The wheel will be a challenge.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=39819.msg786301#msg786301
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 13:54:00 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:46:57 by davkol »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 19 April 2013, 14:33:08 »
As I understand it, they are pretty standard, with a large size and a small size. Those look like the large size, the small ones are perhaps half that size.

I used an old Logitech ball mouse, which was probably at least 10 years old but not worn, and those Omron switches went into a brand new Joy without any problem.

Finding a clean second-hand mouse in good condition should be easy. Take out the donor switches and compare them to the recipient before you actually do any work on it.
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 04:59:31 »
How to roccat lua is Tri Button? :rolleyes: only $20 he has change switch hand on driver
and CM Storm recon he has also change switch hand  :D
or cherry shark left handed. :cool:
and or logitech MX 610 Left Hand  like M500 unfortunately DISCOUTINIUED if still is very expensive :eek:
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 22 April 2014, 13:49:16 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:47:22 by davkol »

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 May 2014, 20:15:38 »
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 05:44:12 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:47:42 by davkol »

Offline Protato_Tubby

• people enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 09:10:08 »
Razer makes a lefty Naga - If you're into that shizzle O_o

Have you had a look at some ambiedextrous mice? I've heard a few people recommend the Zowie FK.
DELL AT102W Black Alps | IBM Model M 122 | Matias Tactile Pro 4

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 09:20:14 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:48:02 by davkol »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 14:59:30 »
I wouldn't touch a Razer product with a ten foot pole. I've only considered abyssus or salmosa at one point, but I'm perfectly happy with Roccat Lua. I like the shape/size and build quality and there's no competition, when it comes to GNU/Linux support.

I would consider Zowie again, if their products were priced more competitively (at least in Central Europe) and I didn't have to replace Huano switches.

AND THAT IS WHY YOU SHOULD GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE. A MICROSOFT MOUSE IS NOT A RAZER.  IT IS ALSO MUCH BETTER THAN ANY OTHER MOUSE. ESPECIALLY AN APPLE MOUSE. BUT APPLE PRODUCTS ARE STUPID ANYWAY SO THAT'S A GIVEN.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 15:06:31 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:48:24 by davkol »

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 15:17:04 »
Any company, that isn't Razer, isn't Razer, Cpt. Obvious. Most of them fortunately aren't neither Microsoft, nor Apple either.

You mean that most of them are INFERIOR to Microsoft. And even Apple at that! You need to get a Microsoft mouse right now.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Lorem Ipsum
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 08 May 2014, 15:43:51 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 12:48:45 by davkol »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 12 May 2014, 10:43:55 »
I'm left handed, and I have to say that the Steelseries Sensei Raw is one of the best mice I have found. Plus it's also ambidextrous so if you want you (or anyone that needs to) could use it with your right hand without it feeling funny.
Or as Offline NewbieOneKenobi said there is also the Steelseries Xia that is cheaper and has less buttons.
Now only if I could find a MMO style mouse for lefties  :rolleyes: