Author Topic: Anyone selling any Illuminating Key-sets?  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Anyone selling any Illuminating Key-sets?
« on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 18:20:36 »
Just thought I'll ask everyone here at GH, is there anyone out there that makes and/or sells key-caps that can be used with any Illuminating leds keyboard?

You've got a myriad amount of key-sets for normal keyboards, but I haven't noticed any Sales for light emitting keyboards.

PLEASE can anyone supply a link to somebody out there that can supply decent key-sets.  My current keyboard has worn key-caps and the light is shining through.  I know it's just cheap-ass black paint on white caps, but I want to find a set of key-caps that won't fade under use.

It's nice to have a Led keyboard but it's pain to find any Good key-sets.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 17 January 2012, 22:57:06 »
Also available some in the Race groupbuy if looking for WHITE more 'traditional' sort with light comes through legend only.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 03:35:37 »
Quote from: dorkvader;493132
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps/kbc-104-half-clean-key-caps-fo/lid=19160792
Cheers! They also wear better. :)

Hey Thanks dorkvader, and you too lysol.  The all clear key-caps mean literally no paint on the cap besides the white lettering.  The all White caps might be another painted key-cap, who knows no body has provided a picture showing underneath the caps.  But it's a first because I'm use to seeing all black caps.

Quote from: lysol;493140
Also available some in the Race groupbuy if looking for WHITE more 'traditional' sort with light comes through legend only.

And above all else they are so cheap.  I thought they'll cost like approximately $100 each.  But it's good to know that key-caps do not have to be that expensive.
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 January 2012, 03:37:51 by Elrick »

Offline Encryptor

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 20:52:30 »
Quote from: lysol;493140

As far as I am aware these are Race specific caps.  You won't get a full set of caps and quite a few are size/shape specific to the Race KB.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 18 January 2012, 22:07:22 »
Yes, but would be epic looking as an alpha replacement in my opinion. I am mulling over add white backlight to the alphas on my Poker, just so I can use those. Still one of the few options for backlight aftermarket out there, you have to take what is available.