Author Topic: Poker keyboard (MX red)  (Read 1752 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• Trade Count: (0)
    • youtube
Poker keyboard (MX red)
« on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 20:06:06 »
I'm looking to buy a KBC Poker with red switches. Keycap condition doesn't really matter, I'll be replacing with PBT caps anyways.

Or, if you can point me to where I can buy one new, that would be great also. Ebay and all the stores I looked at only had blue, brown, and black switches, but no reds.

Offline iBro

Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 20:53:49 »
There is a Australian keyboard retailer that sells the Poker with red's I believe. But I think they only ship to Australia at the moment, so unless you live there you would need a local buyer.

Another option would be to just purchase a KBC Poker with black switches and replace the black springs with springs from red switches. These are called "ghetto reds". I haven't tried them but to my knowledge they are essentially the same thing as a red switch.
Unicomp Space Saver (buckling spring) Silicon Graphics (dampened cream alps) KBC Poker (ghetto reds)

Offline cactux

• Topre Knight
Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 20:55:09 »
I can be your proxy if you want. Shipping is expensive check the australian post to calculate the shipping fees
[FS]☠ The temple lol ->HERE<-

Offline winterbear

Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 23:03:16 »
Where do you live? How much would you be willing to pay for it? That's always nice info to include I think.
Current:
Realforce 87U, Niz Plum Atom 68 (35g), CM Storm QF Blue

Previously Owned:
Leopold Tenkeyless Brown, Leopold Tenkeyless Blue, HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, Charcoal), Poker X Red

Offline sordna

Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 19 January 2012, 23:33:58 »
Maybe you should hold off and get the Pure with aluminum case instead.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline pitashen

Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 20 January 2012, 00:03:04 »
will those be available for order?
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline sordna

Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 20 January 2012, 01:18:06 »
Looks like it, vortex said mass production started and they will be available in March. Post any questions in that thread for direct info.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 13:33:11 »
Quote from: iBro;494485
Another option would be to just purchase a KBC Poker with black switches and replace the black springs with springs from red switches. These are called "ghetto reds". I haven't tried them but to my knowledge they are essentially the same thing as a red switch.
Too much work. And it might cost too much for this mod as well. I kinda wanted a red one out the box.

Quote from: cactux;494486
I can be your proxy if you want. Shipping is expensive check the australian post to calculate the shipping fees
I'm willing to do this if shipping is no more than $20, but this probably won't be the case. I really appreciate the offer though.

Quote from: winterbear;494582
Where do you live? How much would you be willing to pay for it? That's always nice info to include I think.
I'm located in the US. No price in mind, but probably a little less than new price if it's used.

Quote from: sordna;494604
Maybe you should hold off and get the Pure with aluminum case instead.
Yeah I saw that, but I'm not sure I can wait a couple months for it. And also price will most likely be more than $150 on that one :(

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Poker keyboard (MX red)
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 January 2012, 21:01:04 »
Still looking!

I would like to buy this within the next week if possible, a big reason is because I got 7 different O-rings, I would like to test the noise characteristics of all of them without the interference of any clicks from my mx blues.