Author Topic: Google/Samsung Nexus S w/ AT&T 3G bands  (Read 1583 times)

Offline canthonytucci

• Trade Count: (0)
Google/Samsung Nexus S w/ AT&T 3G bands
« on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 20:05:53 »
If we're not supposed to sell stuff that isnt input device related here let me know and I will gladly take this down.

I figured it's a pretty geeky phone though, and I would like it to go to a good home.  

I have too many phones, and as I'm working exclusively on iOS projects these days, this one needs to go.

The phone is a Samsung Nexus S with AT&T 3g bands (850/1900), the phone is unlocked, so you could use it on any carrier that you please, ( I think Rogers in Canada supports these bands as well, in fact I think that might be where this phone is from), but it's radio only supports 3G on the bands provided, as in if you have T-Mobile...this is not the model you want. Anyway, I purchased (after much searching) a white back from another GSM Nexus S. The white back is the better one, it looks cooler, and has a lovely, knurled finish that makes it a joy to hold. IMHO the white back on the black phone is the ideal combination, no distracting white ring when you're looking at the phone from the front, awesome penguin look from the side...total slickness....taking the pics I had to keep telling myself I really want to sell it. I will miss it.

I am running a stock Google Ice Cream Sandwich rom with the proper radio firmware flashed for AT&T (last I checked only the T-Mobile phones got the ICS update so far, but when it came out at the end of last year I coudln't wait). I have had only good experiences with this phone, but alas, I have too many, and can't justify having it sit on my desk.

I will include the phone, original box, charger, the awesome white back, the original black back, and a 3rd party desktop dock which I can't take a picture of right now because it is at work. The dock works well, and holds the phone in portrait, picked it up on ebay for $20 or so a while back.

I'd like to get $320 for it shipped to the continental US (the only place I will ship to). Just picked up a new board so I am no longer looking to trade.

I haven't taken any photos of the box or the chargers, but they are also in excellent shape.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2012, 10:28:13 by canthonytucci »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 21:11:22 »
These are less than $300 new, in Australia.
GLWS.

Offline canthonytucci

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 21:19:49 »
Really? Unsubsidized? Must be nice to live down under. Yikes. I paid $400 not long ago, quickly looking on amazon showed them still at $370, but that's without the lovely back and possibly the t-mobile bands....I'm willing to take less if I am getting a nice board in the deal..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 22:06:20 »
350$ for a new one on ncix...

GLWS
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 January 2012, 22:41:55 »
Quote from: canthonytucci;496516
Really? Unsubsidized? Must be nice to live down under. Yikes. I paid $400 not long ago, quickly looking on amazon showed them still at $370, but that's without the lovely back and possibly the t-mobile bands....I'm willing to take less if I am getting a nice board in the deal..

Yeah $279 outright unlocked.
That's not on sale either.

Offline canthonytucci

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 07:17:50 »
Wow. They sell for a bit more here on ebay, perhaps you should start flipping them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 07:27:03 »
I'd need money to do that in the first place, and they would run on the t-mobile base-band.
EDIT* Ahh, they've gone back up to $299, haven't looked in a while.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 January 2012, 07:32:23 by PixelVandalism »

Offline canthonytucci

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 January 2012, 09:28:11 »
I wouldn't be surprised if that has something to do with the ICS update assuming they got it, it is absolutely fantastic, feels like a whole new phone.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline PixelVandalism

• YouTube
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 03:46:10 »
The prices have been like that for 6 months.

Offline canthonytucci

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 January 2012, 10:27:41 »
Dropped price some.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]