Author Topic: does breaking the do not remove sticker on the back void warrenty  (Read 3446 times)

Offline M9Prime

I was cleaning my keyboard on my bed with some other merchandise on my bed when i noticed the sticker was punctured when i moved it around, does that void my warranty on the keyboard?

Offline Tony

does breaking the do not remove sticker on the back void warrenty
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 22:43:17 »
Yes.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline M9Prime

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 22:44:47 »
oh boy. Putting a collapsible sticker on a keyboard that get moved around a lot isnt the best idea... Oh well.

Offline M9Prime

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 22:49:08 »
any ideas on fixing it? maybe get sticker paper print and cut one out? Im trying to be crafty here

Offline Tony

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 23:20:02 »
Try to get the sticker from other keyboard or mouse.
Keyboard: Filco MJ1 104 brown, Filco MJ2 87 brown, Compaq MX11800, Noppoo Choc Brown/Blue/Red, IBM Model M 1996, CMStorm Quickfire Rapid Black
Layout: Colemak experience, speed of 67wpm

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 23:27:22 »
Which board is it? They're designed to be fragile so it can't be tempered. This isn't the first time these warranty sticker have been broken from simple handling. You can either take it as a sign to freely open up your case for cleaning, or contact the manufacturer to see what they can do about it (I doubt much can be done, unless it is WASD. He sounds like a stand up guy that would take care of you.)

Hair drier can remove warranty stickers without breaking. Of course that would be fraudulent.

Offline M9Prime

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 23:45:42 »
Quote from: laffindude;502099
Which board is it? .
it's a meka g1 im not sure how to take it apart with there only being 3 screws on the back

Offline naranja

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 28 January 2012, 23:50:04 »
Not sure how effective the hair dryer method is but first just take off the broken sticker; you'll see just how ridiculously hard it is to cleanly take it off or just take it off in general.

Offline whiskerBox

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 29 January 2012, 00:18:41 »
Just put another sticker over it!
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: does breaking the do not remove sticker on the back void warrenty
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 02:05:31 »
now this just looks like spamming.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 24 October 2012, 02:07:42 »
Why is this a problem?!

Offline anomaly

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 26 October 2012, 22:23:26 »
I spilled soda on my filco blue keyboard :(. Quickly unplugged it, poked the warranty sticker, disassembled it, and de-soldered all the switches that had drink sauce in it. Broke down the cherry switches down to its constituents and cleaned it all up with some light dabbing of isopropyl alcohol. Closed the switches back up, re-soldered, and good to go!

Let this keyboard be your practice tool for learning to solder, if you can afford it. It's surprisingly simple. The switches themselves are easy to disassemble/reassemble. Most of the stuff in that keyboard you can fix yourself, and for cheaps. If I remember correctly, a cherry blue mx switch costs like a dollar each.
Filco Majestouch tenkeyless blues | Filco Majestouch browns | Unicomp buckling spring | Realforce 103UB 55g