Author Topic: 104 black KBC PBT engraved keycaps  (Read 3758 times)

Offline laden3

• Trade Count: (0)
104 black KBC PBT engraved keycaps
« on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 04:21:42 »
45USD shipped to CONUS, basically unused because I don't have a keyboard to put them on.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 38992[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 38993[/ATTACH]
I rrrove brrracks.

Offline ownerer

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 15:52:44 »
Could I see some of the engraving? I'm interested.

Offline Roguemaster8

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 17:14:06 »
Same here, are there any pics available OP?
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline BossBorot

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 17:45:40 »
payment sent

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:38:07 »
For future references, don't buy from this guy, he's shady as hell. Or at least if you do, just be a little more cautious.

I sent payment to him for a poker keyboard a few days ago. When it comes time for shipping, I get a PM saying the KB doesn't work because the controller is broken, and he refunded. It was so called "broken" because he actually sold it to another member just now (probably for a little more than I paid). He told this new buyer he was reserving this keyboard for me, but couldn't get in touch with me for a few days, so he sold it to him. In actuality, it was me waiting for a few days for this shady seller to confirm he got my payment and ready to ship it, but he never responded.

It's a little messed up to accept payment already, then refund to sell to someone else, but I probably would have been fine with that if he was just honest about it. But nope, he had to make a total lame excuse to try and cover it up. Even worst, turned it around and said I never contacted him for days. This is shadiness on multiple levels.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:42:48 by WhiteFireDragon »

Offline fstop

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:42:41 »
I had a similar bad experience with him through PM. I offered $40 for the set because I only needed 87keys and if I were to buy from qtan it would be $48 so I would only save a few dollars buying his at $45. I asked pretty nicely, and apologized when he seemed to be offended by my offer. But $40 isn't really lowballing much in my opinion and there's no real harm in sending an offer which didn't seem that bad in my opinion, but he was pretty cold about it. He seemed very annoyed and surprised that I even asked.
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:43:52 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;503647
For future references, don't buy from this guy, he's shady as hell. Or at least if you do, just be a little more cautious.

I sent payment to him for a poker keyboard a few days ago. When it comes time for shipping, I get a PM saying the KB doesn't work because the controller is broken, and he refunded. It was so called "broken" because he actually sold it to another member just now (probably for a little more than I paid). He told this new buyer he was reserving this keyboard for me, but couldn't get in touch with me for a few days, so he sold it to him. In actuality, it was me waiting for a few days for this shady seller to confirm he got my payment and ready to ship it, but he never responded.

It's a little messed up to accept payment already, then refund to sell to someone else, but I probably would have been fine with that if he was just honest about it. But nope, he had to make a total lame excuse to try and cover it up. Even worst, turned it around and said I never contacted him for days. This is shadiness on multiple levels.
Ouch, but thanks for the tip.

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:44:03 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;503647

Is that the one that rainb1ood ended up buying?  I'd feel bad if he overpaid.
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:48:24 »
Quote from: Gawkbasher;503656
Is that the one that rainb1ood ended up buying?  I'd feel bad if he overpaid.
Well I didn't want to mention any names, but since you already figured it out, yes it's rainb1ood that bought from this guy. This is also the same KB I said I can sell to you after I try it out for a few hours, since I knew you were looking for one as well.

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:50:50 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;503663
Well I didn't want to mention any names, but since you already figured it out, yes it's rainb1ood that bought from this guy. This is also the same KB I said I can sell to you after I try it out for a few hours, since I knew you were looking for one as well.

Yeah I figured but no worries.  I wasn't saying it's rainb1ood's fault or anything, was just inquiring, should have done it in PM, sorry.  I still seem to have a shot at one if ViciousXUSMC doesn't like the one he's getting in iMav's group buy.  If I actually get that one maybe I can ship it to you to try for a bit.

Sucks that this happened to you dude.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2012, 18:53:19 by Gawkbasher »
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline naranja

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:15:42 »
Quote from: fstop;503653
I had a similar bad experience with him through PM. I offered $40 for the set because I only needed 87keys and if I were to buy from qtan it would be $48 so I would only save a few dollars buying his at $45. I asked pretty nicely, and apologized when he seemed to be offended by my offer. But $40 isn't really lowballing much in my opinion and there's no real harm in sending an offer which didn't seem that bad in my opinion, but he was pretty cold about it. He seemed very annoyed and surprised that I even asked.

I offered $40 also, he declined but wasn't rude or anything :\

Thanks, anything remotely shady in a transaction is a personal pet peeve.
Does OP have any response to all this?

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:21:32 »
I honestly don't agree with it being a pet peeve only.  When you take payment for something it's a complete transaction...a commitment to sell.

Let's say the buyer is looking to obtain from multiple sources, completes a transaction and doesn't complete the others...the other sellers sell to other people and then the person that he paid changes his mind and sells it for more to somebody else.

The seller has acted unethically and deprived the buyer of product.  This is a problem that's magnified when the supply of something is limited.

More importantly, the claim here is that deception was used to back out of a sale.
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline Roguemaster8

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:34:04 »
OP isn't going to like the state of thread when he checks it again methinks.

It's a wonderful thing this community is so tight knitted. With some topre keyboards going for $250 and up, you would need absolute trust from a seller to take any part in the transaction before making any commitments.
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline naranja

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:38:39 »
Quote from: Gawkbasher;503681
I honestly don't agree with it being a pet peeve only.  When you take payment for something it's a complete transaction...a commitment to sell.

Let's say the buyer is looking to obtain from multiple sources, completes a transaction and doesn't complete the others...the other sellers sell to other people and then the person that he paid changes his mind and sells it for more to somebody else.

The seller has acted unethically and deprived the buyer of product.  This is a problem that's magnified when the supply of something is limited.

More importantly, the claim here is that deception was used to back out of a sale.

You're right; pet peeve was an understatement. btw, expected delivery on your keycaps is Feb 6th; since we're on opposite coasts =\(pmed the tracking)

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 19:39:27 »
Haha, no worries, i saw the tracking.  thanks!
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline Reptile

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 00:30:40 »
Shouldn't you give him negative feedback? Not everyone is going to see this thread...
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline 443330

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 02:29:38 »
Wow, Was interested but definitely not any more. Does anyone know where to get PBT Blank key caps for a KBC Poker?

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 08:58:38 »
They only make blank whites right now (kbc) If you want black you need to go engraved.

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 12:23:46 »
Damn those sold like lightning.

Where can i get myself a set like this, but maybe in red, white, or a soft blue? Preferably from a not chinese company. (lol those exist nowadays) or at least website.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 12:44:18 »
Quote from: Reptile;506103
Shouldn't you give him negative feedback? Not everyone is going to see this thread...
Thanks for the idea, doing that right now.

Quote from: Internetlad;506438
Where can i get myself a set like this, but maybe in red, white, or a soft blue? Preferably from a not chinese company. (lol those exist nowadays) or at least website.
Get it from qtan or imsto,they're reputable. But they'll only offer it in black or white, the colored ones are just dyed I believe. SP is a non-Chinese company, but they'll charge a lot for them.

Offline naranja

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 12:56:35 »
Quote from: WhiteFireDragon;506453
Thanks for the idea, doing that right now.

Get it from qtan or imsto,they're reputable. But they'll only offer it in black or white, the colored ones are just dyed I believe. SP is a non-Chinese company, but they'll charge a lot for them.

I wanna throw in Feng in there too, I think his 104 sets are slightly cheaper.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 14:40:58 »
This is such a funny thread lol

Offline Reptile

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 14:46:40 »
Quote from: DanGWanG;506557
This is such a funny thread lol
OP shouldn't be a dumbass :-)
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 17:00:34 »
I wonder if lan123 = laden3...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 17:06:18 »
i wonder if he's the first to receive a negative feedback on here?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline naranja

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 02 February 2012, 17:11:59 »
Quote from: demik;506685
i wonder if he's the first to receive a negative feedback on here?

Theres another guy on iTrader with -1 as well.

s: