Author Topic: Razer Imperator to G400 - Is This An Upgrade?  (Read 4000 times)

Offline Depetrify

Razer Imperator to G400 - Is This An Upgrade?
« on: Mon, 30 January 2012, 23:49:41 »
I'm currently using a Razer Imperator and I don't likes its unpredictability and when I left it it moves down right.

The G400 is supposedly a very solid mouse with no acceleration, a quick response time, good feeling, and all around solid.

It is much much cheaper than the Imperator which makes me feel like its going to be worse, and will be more like downgrading.

I could get something like the Sensei or G9x but I hear that they both have slight acceleration this is impossible to turn off.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 00:19:46 »
Deathadder would be a better choice. Get the Black edition if you fear icky rubber.
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Depetrify

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 00:24:37 »
Quote from: squarebox;503958
Deathadder would be a better choice. Get the Black edition if you fear icky rubber.

I refuse to use another Razer product.

Offline Henry Allen Venture

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 01:33:50 »
Quote from: Depetrify;503961
I refuse to use another Razer product.

Out of interest, why?

My DeathAdder is doing fine after ~18 months solid daily use at work, getting regularly crushed under files and showered in coffee.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline rhizo

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 01:46:03 »
Quote from: Depetrify;503947
I'm currently using a Razer Imperator and I don't likes its unpredictability and when I left it it moves down right.

The G400 is supposedly a very solid mouse with no acceleration, a quick response time, good feeling, and all around solid.

It is much much cheaper than the Imperator which makes me feel like its going to be worse, and will be more like downgrading.

I could get something like the Sensei or G9x but I hear that they both have slight acceleration this is impossible to turn off.

basically, the deathadder is the best product that razer makes so try it out, its prretty well made and the sensor is really nice with no hardware acceleration. :)

Offline popol

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 03:01:09 »
Quote from: rhizo;503990
basically, the deathadder is the best product that razer makes so try it out, its prretty well made and the sensor is really nice with no hardware acceleration. :)

the best mouse product ^^

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 11:36:58 »
The G400 is only worth it if you get the version without angle snapping(mouse prediction off). The latest version has it removed(or reduced the 518/G400 had a pretty aggressive amount of prediction) but it's not easy to tell which has it on or off. But the G400 has it's share of problems as well and it's really more more for low sens than high particularly it being palm grip and the weight.

Offline Depetrify

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 13:21:56 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;504252
The G400 is only worth it if you get the version without angle snapping(mouse prediction off). The latest version has it removed(or reduced the 518/G400 had a pretty aggressive amount of prediction) but it's not easy to tell which has it on or off. But the G400 has it's share of problems as well and it's really more more for low sens than high particularly it being palm grip and the weight.

Just bought it off amazon!

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 13:30:00 »
F**kin LOVE my G400. Got the 2012 Imperator arriving today.

Offline keyboardnoob

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 16:29:22 »
When I used to play fps intensively, I used over 5 deathadder in 2 years : tracking problems, scroll wheel broke, etc.

I wasn't the only one with these kind of problems as well, almost everyone that had both used the deathadder and the mx518 ( now called g400 ) preferred the mx 518 due to its quality ( you can use it for 2-3 years ) without a problem as well as having the best customer support out of all the mice company ( Logitech CS ).

Don't get me wrong I loved the feel of the deathadder, but for me reliability and durability is more important than how the mouse looks.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 January 2012, 16:36:55 by keyboardnoob »
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline NamelessPFG

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 January 2012, 20:53:06 »
Which version of the DeathAdder? I hear there's several, and the 3.5G/Black Edition version is the one to get, being the one that fixed the tracking issues and has a more solid build...or so they say.

All I know now is that the Mamba basically uses the same shape, and it's very comfortable. Since I don't need wireless functionality (and the DPI switch buttons blend in too much with the left mouse button to be practical, and I stay at 1800 DPI the majority of the time anyway), why not sell off the Mamba and buy the DeathAdder BE at a lower price, saving the extra cash for later?