Author Topic: WTB: Cherry MX red keycap  (Read 1273 times)

Offline notebooko

• Trade Count: (0)
WTB: Cherry MX red keycap
« on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:02:49 »
Hi everyone, my best friend's birthday is coming up soon and I know he likes his keyboard a lot so I thought I would buy him some keycaps. I came across this community and you guys seem like you really know what you are talking about (I don't know anything about keyboards :(). I really don't know what is good for what price so I would really appreciate some help. Now, I'm a college student so I don't have TONS of money or anything so nothing too expensive would help out a lot. Oh I forgot to mention I think he has a Cherry MX red keyboard after some sneaking around for model numbers on his keyboard that's the conclusion I came to. Thanks!

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:04:49 »
These keycaps are great!!!  PBT, lots of colors, 104 set and great price!  Plus qtan is a great seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/104-PBT-Rainbow-keycaps-MX-cherry-keys-good-Filco-Leopold-Noppoo-etc-/300651953032?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item460040bb88
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline notebooko

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:11:11 »
Wow thanks for such a quick reply. However, he has a keyboard that doesn't have a number pad it's just up to the arrow part. Now I'm not really looking for a full set of keycaps but something to diversify his bland sea of black keys. I recall a few months ago he talked about how cool some candy corn ones looked. I admit they really did look cool and in my attempt to purchase them through a site recently it turns out they are sold out :(

Offline Gawkbasher

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:19:47 »
Iiiiiii dunno..  Just ONE of those Candy Corn keycaps will probably cost you what all 104 of those colorful ones do.
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline notebooko

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:22:45 »
Dang haha! I didn't know they were so expensive. Do you know of any other cool looking ones?

Offline naranja

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 01:26:06 »
The candy corn cap you mentioned are from the clack factory; usually their caps are pretty expensive and just for one cap!

It seems like you're looking for a keyset of a 87set tenkeyless model. wasdkeyboards is a good place to find different color caps for the board. http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/keycap-sets/87-key-cherry-mx-keycap-set.html

Those are made of ABS plastic which is what most stock keyboards come with.

The one that Gawkbasher linked is PBT material plastic which has a more textured feel and considered better. It is also a bit more expensive and different variations of it is usually harder to find.

I would recommend something from wasdkeyboards.com though. They have good quality products and great customer service.

GL!

Offline DalaiLameR

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 02:12:50 »
you might also want to check http://pimpmykeyboard.com/ ... but  be careful, not all keycaps there are compatible with cherry mx switches. just ask their support.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Model M SSK ReAlforce 88UB 45g Filco MX Blue Filco MX Red

Offline notebooko

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 07:42:05 »
Those are hilarious! I think I want to get a keycap set of PBT plastic because I'm guessing his came with the ABS like naranja said, and I think I'll also throw in a few of those keycaps that Dalai posted. Does anyone know where I could find a set of PBT keycaps like the ones from wasdkeyboards?

edit: I'm seeing a lot without the lettering on them, but it would be preferred if there were letters.

Offline naranja

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 01 February 2012, 16:17:22 »
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/category/pbt-key-caps/catId=3982960

There are a few other sellers like imsto and feng but variety is pretty limited for pbt caps.

Quote from: notebooko;505157
Those are hilarious! I think I want to get a keycap set of PBT plastic because I'm guessing his came with the ABS like naranja said, and I think I'll also throw in a few of those keycaps that Dalai posted. Does anyone know where I could find a set of PBT keycaps like the ones from wasdkeyboards?

edit: I'm seeing a lot without the lettering on them, but it would be preferred if there were letters.