Author Topic: Mac users: Tired of Mac OS X's mouse acceleration curve?  (Read 3071 times)

Offline iindigo

Mac users: Tired of Mac OS X's mouse acceleration curve?
« on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 15:40:58 »
http://macupdate.com/app/mac/41736/smooth-cursor

SmoothCursor is a little utility that allows you to customize the acceleration settings of your mouse or trackpad separately.

It provides you with a slider to adjust the acceleration curve to be negative, positive, or entirely disabled.

I don't use this myself, as I cannot feel any difference between Mac OS, Windows, and Linux as far as mousing is concerned, but figured some of the crowd here might appreciate it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the program is not my creation. I ran across it when browsing MacUpdate.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 February 2012, 17:40:58 by iindigo »

Offline kps

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 16:25:07 »
I've never had a problem with the OS X or X11 (or X10 or NeWS or SunTools or NeXTStep or Interlisp), but Windows' spastic pointer movement drives me crazy.

Offline pitashen

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 16:28:33 »
Thanks for sharing. However I do make sure I game under windows.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline boli

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 05:05:07 »
Thanks for the tip.

I've been using USB Overdrive for years, and always disabled acceleration. Sadly I think I'll have to switch to something else (probably ControllerMate, as I already have a licence), because USBO doesn't work with the Magic Trackpad, which I'd like to give a try.
Keyboard: Kinesis Ergo Advantage (two LF editions with red Cherry switches, one regular with brown switches)
Keyboard layout: basically Colemak, with some remapping to end up with my custom Kinesis Advantage layout
Typing test profiles: typeracer.com / hi-games.net / keybr.com

Offline Brodie337

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 05:58:17 »
OH HELL YES!

Pardon me if I spontaneously fellate you for allowing me to set the trackpad separately to my mouse.