Author Topic: Kinesis Advantage with ergonomic mod of the year  (Read 3713 times)

Offline sordna

Kinesis Advantage with ergonomic mod of the year
« on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 22:22:33 »
The owner cut the F1 key with a knife so he doesn't hit it by accident, lol. Guess he never realized keys can be remapped or even deactivated!
Still, a great find, if the price stays low, $36 currently, 2 days left.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kinesis-Keyboard-MPC-KB500USB-QD-in-White-/320847410309
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 22:30:42 »
I almost can't believe it. Sacrilege!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline sordna

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 22:37:54 »
It's so stupid it's sad. He could have made the entire rubber key row be escape keys.... heck he could have remapped F1 to escape in the OS if he somehow missed that the keyboard is programmable. Sigh, and I thought a vim user would be smarter than that.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 02:05:17 »
Never underestimate someones stupidity. Especially our own. I'm not proud to say I've dazzled myself with equal actions. :(
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Icarium

• I AM A MONKEY!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 06:05:53 »
The two finalists for the dumbest things to do with a Kinesis, in the red corner "cutting of a key that you could remap" in the blue corner "selling it"...
I had a sig once but it's gone. It used to display an icon of a Kinesis. Just imagine that.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 09:36:06 »
Compared with my best idea of buying it. I never use the F# keys anyway.

I notice it has the Dvorak legends, too.

$41 already!

Offline sordna

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 10:38:38 »
Note it's a newer Advantage (USB), so I think $150 and under is a bargain.

Offline minnus

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 18:53:21 »
I bought it...not a great deal, but....I really wanted to try this keyboard. :redface:

Offline sordna

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 February 2012, 18:56:34 »
$175 ? Not bad at all, cheapest you can get it new is $269, oh wait, this has qwerty/dvorak legends so it would be $289! You also got the latest model (USB). Most of the used ones I see on ebay are the older PS/2 versions. Congrats on a great keyboard !