Author Topic: What Setup should I use on my WASD Keyboard  (Read 959 times)

Offline Rinx7

What Setup should I use on my WASD Keyboard
« on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 15:19:08 »
Well I want to get a new keyboard but I can't decide whether to get reds switches or black ones. I have pretty strong fingers so I have been thinking that blacks might be better for me. What do you guys think.

Offline boli

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 15:36:45 »
Well I guess if you have strong fingers you can use black switches, but maybe you like a lighter touch. Or maybe you like more force to help avoid bottoming out. What are you currently using?

If you have any way to try reds/blacks, I'd recommend doing so. Feeling is believing. ;)

I'm preferring reds currently, though browns are OK too. Tried a coworker's keyboard with blacks, and it felt quite tiring.
Keyboard: Kinesis Ergo Advantage (two LF editions with red Cherry switches, one regular with brown switches)
Keyboard layout: basically Colemak, with some remapping to end up with my custom Kinesis Advantage layout
Typing test profiles: typeracer.com / hi-games.net / keybr.com

Offline boredgunner

• GND-Tech
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 14 February 2012, 18:04:39 »
Reds are easier to push down than rubber domes.  Does this sound appealing to you?  If not then go with blacks.
Ducky Shine II TKL (Green LED, Cherry MX Red) | Leopold FC210TP (Cherry MX Blue)