Author Topic: Mouse Recommendation  (Read 3445 times)

Offline BobbyUK

Mouse Recommendation
« on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 03:17:54 »
Hi everyone, I need recommendations on a new mouse.  Am playing games STWOR and Battlefield 3 and use photoshop quite alot.

Thanks

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 03:45:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What kind of grip do you have?  That would be one of the most important things to consider before recommending a mouse for you.

Link here:
http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic/advantage

Other things to consider:

Palm grip?  Claw grip?  Fingertip grip?
Prefer optical or laser?
Prefer having additional buttons?
Prefer having adjustable firmware/software?
Adjustable DPI?

These will help us recommend a mouse for you.  Let us know!
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline BobbyUK

Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 06:03:56 »
Hi, am a palm grip user, been using the diamondback for the last 3 years now.  Extra buttons would be useful, not bothered with optical/laser, must be wired, DPI adjustble.  Thanks

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 14:27:58 »
Razer Deathadder would probably be at the top of my list for you.  One of the best palm grip mice out there with a pretty flawless sensor.  For most people, it works fine with no issues whatsoever.  I've had my Deathadder for over a year (eventually moving to a Spawn) but during that time period, it was one of the best mice I've ever used.

Extra buttons, check.  Wired, check.  DPI adjustable, only 450/900/1800/3500 but I'm sure you'll find something comfortable within that range.

Seems like you're an MMO/FPS gamer, and lots of praises have been given to the DA for FPS games.  What's also cool about the DA is that there is adjustable profiles for the software, so you can set up a different one for each of your applications (up to five different on-board settings).  You can map all buttons to whatever you want, whether it's undo/redo in Photoshop, scroll-shooting for BF3, 1-1 binding for SWTOR, the possibilities are many.

I'm sure others will chime in shortly, but my suggestion to you would be the Deathadder.

Have fun!
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 15:23:31 »
Razer Deathadder or CM Spawn
[/thread]
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline WTFGoD

Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 27 February 2012, 15:06:08 »
i have a mx518( optical version of g500? ) its pretty nice feeling if u palm it

i used the g9x over it because i fingertip and it was just too big for that (not recommended for palm)

i just picked up a spawn cuz it looked comfortable ( it is ) but i would not recommend it for a palm user as its very small....half of your palm would never touch the mouse unless you had children's hands ... its also fairly limited software wise (Are they planning to update ?) T.T

imo if the mx518/g500(400? now) had a shelf  for your ring finger like the spawn it would be exceptional palm mouse..... other mice you may want to look into for palm that i have not used ::

Ikari : nice shape but sensor issues???(not sure)
Deathadder : very liked mouse
g700??: wireless? but expensive?

Offline BobbyUK

Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 08:04:27 »
Okay, I went for the Steelseries Sensi Fnatic edition.  I have to admit it's pretty smooth for tracking, it just glides on my Func 1030 mousepad.  Fit's into my hand just perfectly and the side buttons are easier to touch then they were on the Diamondback.  The feel of the mouse is nice, just smooth and button response is quality!

Offline All The Fire

Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 18:50:07 »
I'm using a G400 at work and I use CAD programs, no tracking issues, 3-5 extra buttons that I've mapped to a few of my more common CAD shortcuts, nice comfy palm grip for the office use, all at a pretty decent price tag. Materials used are much an improvement over the 518 too.

Offline BiNiaRiS

Mouse Recommendation
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 March 2012, 03:09:53 »
Quote from: All The Fire;532586
I'm using a G400 at work and I use CAD programs, no tracking issues, 3-5 extra buttons that I've mapped to a few of my more common CAD shortcuts, nice comfy palm grip for the office use, all at a pretty decent price tag. Materials used are much an improvement over the 518 too.

i second the G400 being amazing. i've gone from the MX510 -> MX518 -> G400. I still feel like it's the best designed mouse in terms of feel...but that is of course personal preference.
Check out my sales thread.

KMAC 2 w/ErgoClears
KBC w/Reds and Cherry doubleshots in imsto\'s case
G80-1800HAU w/ErgoClears
Realforce 87UB 55g
KMAC Titanium/Winkeyless (in the mail)