Author Topic: Another terminal Model F on Ebay  (Read 1395 times)

Offline ed_avis

Another terminal Model F on Ebay
« on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 04:00:52 »
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150767650361

Up to $100 already (even though some keycaps are missing).  International shipping is a whopping $473, so US buyers only I think!

Offline Babbylar

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 04:51:51 »
That shipping price made me jump.
Daily Driver: Leopold FC500R (Cherry Red)
Other Keyboards: Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS), Kinesis Contoured Essential (MX Brown), Keytronic LT Designer (Dome)
Previously Owned Keyboards: IBM Model M Spacesaver (BS), Compaq MX 11800 (MX Brown), TECHcessories Dinokidz (ALPS), Apple Aluminium Keyboard (Scissor)
Wishlist: Ducky (MX Black), IBM M13 (BS), Cherry G80-8200 (MX Clear), KBT Pure (MX Blue), Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth Edition (MX Brown)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 08:15:40 »
If you look at the shipping, you'll see that the "Priority mail international" is much cheaper. $473.58 vs $71.65 for me.

SO I suppose this means international people might want it. I wouldn't at that price.

Offline nesfreak64

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 10:43:22 »
Free shipping in America.

One thing though, I don't think that's an F.  I could be wrong, but from the looks of the (very dessicated) label, I think it's just a terminal M, which isn't exactly rare.  On the other hand, it has the F shaped ALT/CTRL/Reset keys, so who knows?  Didn't F's from ~July of '86 still have the old style label, like this?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 March 2012, 21:13:42 »
I have looked at several of these. I would love to buy another 122-key terminal if it was an F. Those moveable barrels are just wonderful for customising.

I would buy an 122-M just for the case (I have a couple of cracked F cases, the plastic is much more brittle) if it interchanged with the F case. Looking at the square silver label on the right, and the 2-height legs, it looks like the same beast, but the F has a black metal back plate. That paper M-style label is suspicious.

The board would have to be below $40 shipped for me to be even remotely interested, and it would have to have all the function keys. This one started at $106 and after no bids for a while they added "make offer"
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015