Author Topic: Need a new mouse pad recommendations?  (Read 2687 times)

Offline NorrisB

Need a new mouse pad recommendations?
« on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 22:13:23 »
Was using a Goliathus Speed I tried the control and didnt like it also tried the Steelseries QcK and really hated that.  Been using the Goliathus Speed for a couple years and have liked it, but Im sure there are better ones out there any recommendations would be much appreciated, been looking at the C4NGen just not sure whats good in mouse pads.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 March 2012, 22:27:27 by NorrisB »

Offline Xaviz

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 March 2012, 23:49:13 »
What was wrong with your Qck? I'm using Qck+ (also owned Goliathus Control, which according to most is the better than speed), and I find it to be near flawless. However the +edition is supposed to be thicker than the normal one if I'm not mistaken, and could possibly have other differences as well. The one I used was Tyloo edition. Anyhow, I can recommend XFX Warpad. Thick mousepad, super comfortable, and generally a great size even for low sens users.

Offline sawedust

• Zealot Chef
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 01:40:38 »
You might want to check out this thread:  http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?15097-Gaming-mousepads!

Lots of input there from fellow GH'ers.

Personally, I went with an Artisan Kai Hien pad to replace my QcK.  Feels a lot better when tracking.  The pad doesn't move during intense gaming sessions, whereas my QcK would be all over the place.  Highly recommended.
find me on twitter: @sawedust
starcraft 2 related blog: QuanticSawe.851
QuanticGaming.com

Offline Creizai

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 08:32:03 »
Def go to the above thread. Lots of detailed posts in there

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 09:23:30 »
Quote from: Xaviz;545329
What was wrong with your Qck? I'm using Qck+ (also owned Goliathus Control, which according to most is the better than speed), and I find it to be near flawless. However the +edition is supposed to be thicker than the normal one if I'm not mistaken, and could possibly have other differences as well. The one I used was Tyloo edition. Anyhow, I can recommend XFX Warpad. Thick mousepad, super comfortable, and generally a great size even for low sens users.

The steelseries is really thin and the fabric isnt tightly knit which makes the surface not as smooth as the Goliathus Speed.  Goliathus Speed is also 2-3x thicker.  Ive read like 9 pages of that thread and it just seems to turn into a pissing match after page 1
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2012, 09:26:54 by NorrisB »

Offline ryan92084

• Consumer ****
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 12:11:47 »
Quote from: NorrisB;545670
The steelseries is really thin and the fabric isnt tightly knit which makes the surface not as smooth as the Goliathus Speed.  Goliathus Speed is also 2-3x thicker.  Ive read like 9 pages of that thread and it just seems to turn into a pissing match after page 1

It gets betterish.  I ended up grabbing the last navy Artisan Hien Mid L ( non value) on clearance because of that thread.  Mouse pads ( like most thinks) are very subjective and Artisan has a lot of options.

RiP *ucky Shine(ing)

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 15:07:27 »
Quote from: ryan92084;545833
It gets betterish.  I ended up grabbing the last navy Artisan Hien Mid L ( non value) on clearance because of that thread.  Mouse pads ( like most thinks) are very subjective and Artisan has a lot of options.

thanks how did you like the medium?   How does it compare to your other mouse pads?  Is it as slick as the goliathus speed?
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 March 2012, 15:23:51 by NorrisB »

Offline kne

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 18:58:05 »
Puretrak talent - very tightly woven, one of the best mousepads I've ever used. It's been a year and a half and I still haven't replaced it, good as new.

Offline Weapon

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 22:47:53 »
Hien hard pad is what I use.