Author Topic: Elitekeyboards rant  (Read 15854 times)

Offline ReAzem

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 02:01:19 »
If filcos were cheaper at Keyboardco, of if they sold leopolds, I could have decided to return my entire order, but they are so expensive it would be a great loss of money.

Offline elitekeyboards

• * Commercial Vendor
    • http://elitekeyboards.com
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 06:54:34 »
Quote from: hella;547534
Elitekeyboards, and majestouch, especially is demonstrating a serious lack of character here.  They should be willing to repay shipping costs incurred during a refund that is a result of THEIR error.  Looks like I won't be giving them any more of my business after this event.  I don't want to be in the same shoes as the OP.

Of course I offered to repay him for shipping costs, and I even said he wouldn't have to worry about the duties. I'm not sure if English is his first language (I'm not passing judgement on him for it!) as the email he sent following our conversation seemed to not grasp the gist of our telephone exchange in its entirety, but we were able to come to an agreement in writing.

We're definitely guilty of shipping the wrong keyboard, and I dropped the ball in not getting back to this guy within 24 hours, but when we make a mistake we always make our best effort to make sure the customer doesn't have to pay anything extra. Sure there is a person's time and inconvenience involved, but this is the nature of being a consumer, sometimes products need to be replaced, etc.

That all said, as with most rants I've read on GH, pieces of the story are missing or omitted. An even better example is present on the previous page of this thread:

Quote from: jrockroll;547369
Just in case everyone doesn't know, if you live with your friend for ex. college, and you and your friend decide to get 1 CC for yourself and your friend shipped to the same address but using different paypal account, they will refund all your orders. I was pretty mad at Brian because I was a loyal customer of EK buying tons of stuff and he said I'm suspicious. I guess **** happens

This gentleman and his "friends" tried to buy a total of 23 clickclack keycaps in under 10 minutes using different names and e-mail addresses. Me calling him suspicious was an exercise in patience and generosity.

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 07:05:45 »
Quote from: elitekeyboards;547693
Of course I offered to repay him for shipping costs, and I even said he wouldn't have to worry about the duties. I'm not sure if English is his first language (I'm not passing judgement on him for it!) as the email he sent following our conversation seemed to not grasp the gist of our telephone exchange in its entirety, but we were able to come to an agreement in writing.

We're definitely guilty of shipping the wrong keyboard, and I dropped the ball in not getting back to this guy within 24 hours, but when we make a mistake we always make our best effort to make sure the customer doesn't have to pay anything extra. Sure there is a person's time and inconvenience involved, but this is the nature of being a consumer, sometimes products need to be replaced, etc.

That all said, as with most rants I've read on GH, pieces of the story are missing or omitted. An even better example is present on the previous page of this thread:

This gentleman and his "friends" tried to buy a total of 23 clickclack keycaps in under 10 minutes using different names and e-mail addresses. Me calling him suspicious was an exercise in patience and generosity.

Ouch, that's gonna hurt someone's rep here on GH.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Roguemaster8

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 07:21:27 »

Maybe he has a massive apartment?
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline xquisit

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 07:57:57 »
No comment on the situation, but when can we see some discounts on the Leopold TKL? Student Discounts? Please, let me know! :P
I\'d rather die like a man than live like a coward - 2pac

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:21:57 »

Oh man. Its always funny when you hear both sides of the story. I don't think anyone has 23 friends that also want clickclacks.

Offline mickd

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:24:38 »
Good to see Brian chime in here. Also good to hear it's been sorted out with the OP.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:25:06 »
Quote from: Roguemaster8;547709
Maybe he has a massive apartment?

lol :pound:

But on topic, I always find Brian to be fair.  Last time I ordered something from him, it went missing (damn USPS delivered it to my neighbor again) and he sent out a replacement right away after I emailed him.  Of course, when the other one turned up, I sent it back to him but I kept an extra item (it was a spacebar which I gave to tsangan) and I told him to charge me for it.  He never did, granted that it was only a few dollars but hey, to me that counts.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:29:41 by reaper »
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:35:15 »
Quote from: xquisit;547733
No comment on the situation, but when can we see some discounts on the Leopold TKL? Student Discounts? Please, let me know! :P
White = 89 and doesn't look like NASCAR (compared to the CM Storm).
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 09:43:59 »
Well a single person could have ordered a total of 8 CCs (2x 3D and 2x grab bag), so that's only 2 friends and himself right?

Offline modulor

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 12:29:02 »
I've bought 2 Leopolds from EK.  Shipping on the first one took a little longer than expected because I had ordered additional keycaps which apparently weren't in stock.  Not an issue for me, but I had to email a few days after i hadn't received a shipping confirmation to find out it hadn't gone out yet because of this. Brian handled this well and it was shipped out the next day.  On the other hand, the second board I ordered recently was shipped and recieved within 4 days, no issues.  I'd say my overall experience with Brian has been positive and I'd definitely recommend EK, as I understand these things can happen from time to time. :roll:
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 March 2012, 12:34:26 by modulor »

Offline wongster

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 13:00:29 »
EK is fair. I was sent an Otaku version of the Leopold I ordered, but that was fixed promptly and without any cost to me.

It's a bit troubling to hear so many stories of incorrect products shipped though. I understand that EK corrects their mistakes, but still, it sounds like there is a high rate of inaccuracy in sorting the correct order.

I wish EK would let me pick up stuff though, instead of spending $10 to have it shipped 5 minutes away. I would order more if I had that convenience.
CM Storm Cherry MX Red Tenkeyless - Black Engraved PBT, SC2, Novelty, RGBY, Red Esc Doubleshots
Leopold Cherry MX Brown Tenkeyless - Stock
IBM Model M #1390120 - March 11 1986

Offline Phagocytosis

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 13:34:17 »
I got a Leopold tkl with blue instead instead of brown switches from EK but luckily I liked it enough to not to complain send it back.
Leopold TKL - Ghetto Green
Apple Extended II - Orange Alps

Offline captain

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 16:06:02 »
Quote from: ripster;547434
Tell Brian he trolled me when I tried to buy the ClickClack 3Ds.

Got them into the cart then told they were sold out.

Very funny Brian.

Same thing happened to me.  I was a sad  :-(
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline ReAzem

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 00:41:56 »
Haha ripster.

Actually I am really impressed by the number of mistakes o.o

Offline xquisit

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 02:42:07 »
I'd like to order a leopold tKL and receive a HHKB isntead!
I\'d rather die like a man than live like a coward - 2pac

Offline jellowiggler

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 04:03:00 »
It's good to see Brian post here in response to the OP and the other issue that chimed in.

Mistakes happen. The quality of the company you are dealing with becomes apparent in how they deal with them. EK has proven themselves time and time again to be good to deal with.

They just need to trim the shipping costs a bit.
Mike -jellowiggler-
Filco MJ2 Tenkeyless / Rosewill RK-9000 / IBM Model M 1391401 / Logitech DiNovo Edge / MS Sidewinder X4

Offline NorrisB

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 10:26:53 »
Elitekeyboards screwed me out of the red escape key I emailed them a week ago and still no reply

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 10:32:10 »
Quote from: wongster;547946

I wish EK would let me pick up stuff though, instead of spending $10 to have it shipped 5 minutes away. I would order more if I had that convenience.

Same here!  I would gladly drive from west L.A. to Diamond Bar just to pickup some keycaps and stuff. lol  Although something tells me that Brian might have a competition soon. :eyebrows:
Din Eli

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 10:42:17 »
With the way gas prices are, I'll wait the two days and save 40 dollars lol.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 11:14:37 »
Quote from: reaper;548837
Same here!  I would gladly drive from west L.A. to Diamond Bar just to pickup some keycaps and stuff. lol  Although something tells me that Brian might have a competition soon. :eyebrows:

Did I miss something or is this just speculation? New Mechanical store opening?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 11:17:12 »
Nope, reaper just has enough keyboards that he can open up his own store :rofl:
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 11:26:58 »
Quote from: demik;548876
Nope, reaper just has enough keyboards that he can open up his own store :rofl:

lol This. :eyebrows:
Din Eli

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 12:15:04 »
Seriously! :first:

Offline captain

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 14:14:59 »
Quote from: ripster;548791
Posted from the iPad that AAPL bought.

OMG!  There goes the forum!  :-o
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline mehkat1974

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 08:39:05 »
what is the deal with stock levels at this place, and is there an alternative, I mean seriously, is this the only shop to buy some of this gear? Topre caps oh we should have some in stock in a few months... Wha happen?
Insanely over priced international shipping and stock levels like nothing I've ever seen before, been waiting for the red esc caps to come in and they sell out in a couple of hours? WTF?
I can understand it with click clacks but how many of these things is he getting in 10 ?20? 30? LOL... FFS, it's a $5 plastic keycap, order some stock man, I'm so sick of camping this joint trying to buy something that should be available in abundance
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2012, 08:41:45 by mehkat1974 »
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 09:07:57 »
Quote from: mehkat1974;553459
what is the deal with stock levels at this place, and is there an alternative, I mean seriously, is this the only shop to buy some of this gear? Topre caps oh we should have some in stock in a few months... Wha happen?
Insanely over priced international shipping and stock levels like nothing I've ever seen before, been waiting for the red esc caps to come in and they sell out in a couple of hours? WTF?
I can understand it with click clacks but how many of these things is he getting in 10 ?20? 30? LOL... FFS, it's a $5 plastic keycap, order some stock man, I'm so sick of camping this joint trying to buy something that should be available in abundance
Is it seriously easier for you to import from the US than from China or Korea or Japan? Honest question; I really have no idea.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline mehkat1974

Elitekeyboards rant
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 16:53:31 »
Quote from: sth;553484
Is it seriously easier for you to import from the US than from China or Korea or Japan? Honest question; I really have no idea.

it must be easier - it couldn't possibly be any harder or more expensive. I just don't know where to start or how to order from those sites, don't speak the language. I might start looking into it.
Elite keyboards isn't even really a shop, it's more like a teaser site with stuff that may or may not appear in stock at some time in the next 3-6 months. Half the stuff on the store front shouldn't even be there, they are advertising stuff they don't have and can't say when they are getting it. Get some stuff in? oops sorry it's gone in an hour, we may have some of those mass produced $5 escape caps sometime in the next 3 months, keep checking the site!

@ ripster of course internet rants do nothing but it makes me feel a tiny little bit better. They don't have a feed back thread here like other vendors and I'm not going to go off on one in an email + the communication is rubbish anyway, it's not like I can beg them to hold one key to go with the other 200 bucks worth on caps I'm dying to spend there. If I don't buy it all at once the shipping hurts too much

/rant as they say, will just have to spend it elsewhere I guess
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2012, 17:02:10 by mehkat1974 »
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds