Author Topic: 1:30 AM and I can still buy keyboards =/  (Read 1032 times)

Offline Turbinia

1:30 AM and I can still buy keyboards =/
« on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 00:52:43 »
Well due to the wonder that is the internet even when all the stores are closed you can still find yourself buying keyboards. Just ordered a KBC Poker ABS w/Blues, got the ABS and trying to switch order to PBT, doh =/. May get a set of key caps from WASD if I dont like them. My first keyboard that I have ever bought new. Right now I type mostly on a NMB 104 key ANSI and I have a Dolch AT w/Blues that doesn't work on USB so it will have to wait until i get my desktop in a few months. The NMB is ok, but it feels like there is allot of friction in the key switch and has a plasticy feel, though quite solid as a plate mount. The Dolch I quite like the feel of the blues which is why I got the Poker. I will not miss the plate I don't think as the Dolch's space bar pings like crazy.

Guess some stuff I'm wondering is if anyone has done a teensy++ mod on a Poker. Was wanting to get a different map on the function layer, I use Blender for the graphics work that I do and the KP is used to change views and the 5th row is used to change render layers so it would be nice to have both number sets available. If the teensy++ mod is ill advised then I guess I am in the market for a decent keypad to go with the Poker. Will probably do the foam mod while I'm at it to stiffen things up.

I may have just done a terrible thing...
« Last Edit: Sun, 18 March 2012, 01:24:09 by Turbinia »
| Dolch | KBT ONE | QFR w/PBT | Poker II |

Offline Roguemaster8

1:30 AM and I can still buy keyboards =/
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 01:40:37 »
Naw man, keyboards are a tool, and you can ALWAYS justify the purchase of a new tool.
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker