Author Topic: Need to find some .110 female quick disconnects  (Read 3139 times)

fossala

Need to find some .110 female quick disconnects
« on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:22:48 »
As the title says I need to find some .110 female quick disconnects. I cannot find any in the UK. If any one knows where I can get some (I only need a handful) please share you knowlage.
If not can anybody proxy me some from here http://www.lizardlick.com/LL-Quick-Connect-110-Insulated_p_184.html
I need them for my seimitsu buttons for my ltrack-x.

Offline sordna

« Reply #1 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:38:57 »
If you can find a different size in the UK, as long as it's bigger, not smaller, it will work fine. Did you try any local electrical/hardware/electronic parts stores? I would think these things are pretty common. Again, size doesn't have to be exact.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

fossala

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 02:43:48 »
I have a feeling there not called quick disconnects in the UK as even google searches within the UK don't show much.

Offline sordna

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 03:05:26 »
Well, here's a "disconnect terminal"
http://www.jst.co.uk/productSeries.php?pid=383&cat=87
and TAB-IN terminals:
http://www.jst.co.uk/productSeries.php?pid=278&cat=54

they are listed under "splice" or "solderless" terminals. I just googled for connectors site:.co.uk
I'm sure if you go to a local store you'll find some, just bring the switch to make sure what you find fits.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Saviant

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 03:28:56 »
I am in Australia and I was able to buy them from lizardlick for my b15 and voltech joysticks with no issues. Freight wasn't that expensive for me though

Offline sordna

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 11:26:29 »
These connectors are used everywhere, from cars to kitchen appliances. You can find them in most hardware stores that sell electrical stuff, get out of the house sometime folks :-)
No need to go online, especially international, for simple stuff like crimp connectors, screws, etc.

Offline Maarten

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 11:29:49 »
Junkyard, used for connecting headlamp bulbs in cars. I bet that if you can find a dozen any junkyard dealer will at most ask a buck for em ;)

Offline mr.mortified

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 12:34:26 »
Oods are if you need a small volume, you can check out a hardware store or any place that sells electrical for cars.
I've got a bunch leftover from some joystick builds/mods which i got from akihabarashop.jp

I've stopped using lizardlick ever since they switched from the standard system to the preorder system but they're trying to fix stuff back to normal over there.
If you want domestic, I guess you can use gremlinsolutions

Offline noog

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 12:59:11 »
Don't use LL. as mr mortified said they are no longer dependent. Try focusattack.com .10 a piece. They ship fast. For Tech Talk.

fossala

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 13:03:18 »
Quote from: sordna;558223
These connectors are used everywhere, from cars to kitchen appliances. You can find them in most hardware stores that sell electrical stuff, get out of the house sometime folks :-)
No need to go online, especially international, for simple stuff like crimp connectors, screws, etc.

I spend 9am-7pm working 5 days a week. Buying online is easier.

Offline mr.mortified

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 22:49:28 »
How many do you need exactly?
Like I said, if you want to go domestic, there is gremlin solutions which is located in the UK
http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/110crimps-20pack.htm
You'd need an open barrel crimper though

Offline sordna

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 23:20:49 »
So they call them crimps? Good store you found there, here's another variety:
http://www.gremlinsolutions.co.uk/products/crimps-pack50.htm
I don't have a crimper so I used pliers to attach mine to wires.

Offline mr.mortified

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 23:31:24 »
I never go to gremlin so I don't know what they stock.  The closed barrel insulated terminals should do just fine, just be sure to crimp twice.  Once for the connection and once near the end of the wire for stress relief.

Open barrel crimpers are expensive too.......

I don't understand why they converted the .110 inches into mm though........
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 March 2012, 23:34:25 by mr.mortified »

Offline sordna

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 30 March 2012, 00:16:04 »
size doesn't have to be exact, here's where I used mine, they are a bit wider than the buttons' terminals, but very snug anyway. Note the crimping with pliers, I used the wire-cutter part of the pliers, careful not to cut the piece in two which happened on my first try :-)