Author Topic: My dream mouse.  (Read 3855 times)

Offline Demofly

My dream mouse.
« on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 02:32:35 »
You want to know what my dream mouse would be?

No?

Well too bad the whole world has got to know.

Since the birth of the magic mouse, there has only been one mouse with the perfect shape. Sweet baby jesus the shape of this mouse in your hand would make you daydream of other wonderfully sculpted objects so pleasant to put in your palm that you would forget that you actually, indeed, had a mouse in it.

You want to see it? This fantastic son of a *****?

It didn't have a fancy name, IT HAD A PURPOSE. And that purpose was being the lovechild between buttermilk-soaked silk sheets and optical sensors.

It's called the Logitech SBF-96, or in it's hay-day, the logitech 3 button.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46171[/ATTACH]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46172[/ATTACH]

Let's just take a minute to look at the swooping butt of this voluptuous yet slimline, palm tantalizer. Notice it doesn't have that Nicki Minaj un-proportionate bell shaped buttocks shared by the Steelseries Xai, WMO 1.1, IE 3.0 and Zowie AM.

Turn your hand over and look at your palm, specifically the dip between the base of your palm and the base of the thumb.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46173[/ATTACH]

That is not bell shaped! That is the opposite of what bell shaped would look like! With the shape of the mice mentioned above, you are just uncomfortably resting your thumbs "problem areas" on the the back of the mouse. It's uncomfortable for no reason!

So what do I want? I want the casing of the logitech 3 button (you can spruce it up with rubber coating and color accents. I don't judge), an Avago sensor and 2 side buttons for forward and back. That's it.

Logitech! You came close with the B100!

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 46174[/ATTACH]

Don't give up! With all the countless dollars spent on R&D and factories to make this mouse...you will know that they are dollars well spent, because I will buy one.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline symphonic1985

My dream mouse.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 04:04:49 »
This kind of Logitech body is only of the inspirations for the shape of bst's mouse development at esreality, but it is in the sauce. Fingers crossed that this mouse is amazing.

http://www.esreality.com/post/2173191/new-gaming-mouse-development/

Offline dirge

My dream mouse.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 04:53:50 »
thanks, i'm so impressionable I've just bought one!
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline Findecanor

My dream mouse.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 14:02:23 »
I blame Demofly for making me google Nicki Minaj's butt ... Dayumn!

For a year and a half, I have been using only vertical mice, but I think that I could (go back to) be using one that has the size of that Logitech.
One thing that I am looking for in a mouse is a third center mouse button -- that does not require excessive force/scroll when I press it.
🍉

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
My dream mouse.
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 19:17:57 »
I approve of this OP, even though it's not my kind of mouse.

Quote from: symphonic1985;560172
This kind of Logitech body is only of the inspirations for the shape of bst's mouse development at esreality, but it is in the sauce. Fingers crossed that this mouse is amazing.

That mouse looks pretty awesome actually.

Offline Demofly

My dream mouse.
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 31 March 2012, 03:33:53 »
Quote from: symphonic1985;560172

Hmm, it looks cool but it's kind of just another copperhead.

The copperhead has no support for the palm (arc/bulge) which I find uncomfortable.
i5 2300 - 7870Ghz - 8GB DDR3-1600 - 21.5" Acer 1080p
HPE 87 MX Brown + Ducky PBT (purchased from Flip!) | Ducky 1087XM Xiang Min Black ALPS clones.

Offline Omerta

• Reddit stole my ripster...
My dream mouse.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 14:46:30 »
I just think the G9X works out way too well to even bother looking at anything else. The shell casings that come with easily fit any grip style (i claw grip). And from growing up using 2 diamondbacks for over 5 years then being all hyped up over the latchesis and it ending up being a pile of garbage i decided to try out the g9x. In all honesty i dont think a single mouse pushed out can match it, and i used to be a terrible razer fanboy. keyboards, mice etc. Now i cant fathom using anything from them but their mousepads or their old products.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind"

Happy Hacking Killer Kitty

Offline funxion

My dream mouse.
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 18:22:06 »
Quote from: Omerta;566818
I just think the G9X works out way too well to even bother looking at anything else. The shell casings that come with easily fit any grip style (i claw grip). And from growing up using 2 diamondbacks for over 5 years then being all hyped up over the latchesis and it ending up being a pile of garbage i decided to try out the g9x. In all honesty i dont think a single mouse pushed out can match it, and i used to be a terrible razer fanboy. keyboards, mice etc. Now i cant fathom using anything from them but their mousepads or their old products.

I second this. I've been using a G9x for just over 2 years now and have no complaints. Had no idea what to expect when I bought it, but it was definitely worth the price tag (which I believe has gone down significantly since then) and I can't say I've used a better mouse. Solid doesn't even begin to describe it.
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline ben90

My dream mouse.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 24 April 2012, 12:51:22 »
Overall I do like the G9x. In all honesty however, it really isn't the best or even good for low sensitivity gamers. While the sensor won't freak out until a very high speed, it loses perfect control at a relatively low speed for a highend product.

Offline funxion

My dream mouse.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 24 April 2012, 15:31:10 »
Quote from: ben90;580918
Overall I do like the G9x. In all honesty however, it really isn't the best or even good for low sensitivity gamers. While the sensor won't freak out until a very high speed, it loses perfect control at a relatively low speed for a highend product.

Not true at all. I use 1600 DPI with 0.5 in-game sensitivity for CoD4 and this is EXTREMELY low. Mouse works like a charm.
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline Gawkbasher

My dream mouse.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 24 April 2012, 17:15:36 »
I was a decade-long-plus IntelliMouse die hard and am comfortably (and preferrably) rocking a G9x.  Can't see using anything else at this point.

Never liked the mouse in the OP, sorry. :(
Topre Realforce 87U 45g / Logitech G9x / Razer Scarab
KBC Poker X (Blue)
/ KBC Poker X (Red)

Offline kpeezy

My dream mouse.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 24 April 2012, 17:45:30 »
Laser mice in general are bad for low sensitivity gamers. When you lift a mouse, laser mice will jolt the cursor around far more than an optical mouse. Obviously, that would be bad for a low sensitivity gamer.

G9/x - Did they fix the awful side buttons in the latest G9 revision? They feel like complete mush on the G9 I used, same with the left and right click. Very mushy, mx518 has a very nice click and a very noticeable actuation point for left/right click and I don't think G9x can compare. The problem with the left/right click on the G9 seemed to be the very flexible plastic. It bends the plastic a lot before it actuates.