Author Topic: Favorite Pen  (Read 22306 times)

Offline captain

Favorite Pen
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:02:17 »
Seriously, I cannot possibly count my pens. Here is just the latest acquisition pile:

I got the paint pens to try doing my own legends on blank keycaps!  ;-)
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:05:54 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline captain

Favorite Pen
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:05:17 »
Oh, and the ubiquitous go to pen of my life:

Duh!

The RETRACTIBLE FTW!
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:08:31 by captain »
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
Favorite Pen
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 11:23:08 »
Quote from: metafour;566052
I have one of these as well. I was intrigued by the mechanism but I find the little bit of movement that happens when you press the lead to paper annoying sometimes.
Thanks to clickclack I now have to order some of the SKB ballpoints. ;)

LoL, btw the place I pick up the SKB's is this-  SKBpens.com
=D
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline Lanx

Favorite Pen
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 16:11:40 »
i have a sensa pen i like, the gel is really gel and molds to your skin... though i think it's actually "bleeding" out gel, so i need a replacement. But i actually prefer #2 HB pencils when i write, and i use a stadeler sharpener for needle like points.

Offline Elrobo

Favorite Pen
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 02:08:04 »
Love my Lamy al-star here. Simple, light, easy to fill, writes great.

Offline shawn o

Favorite Pen
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 10:39:51 »
I have many, many stainless Zebra F701s. Combine a 501 and 701 for all metal pen. For some reason the 701 is all stainless other than part of the rear clicker. On the 501 that part is stainless though! Then you can use a Fisher Space Pen insert w/o any mods for perfect writing tool. I like to use the medium Space pen inserts.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 April 2012, 10:42:02 by shawn o »

Offline shawn o

Favorite Pen
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 07 April 2012, 10:47:55 »
Have a few of the Embassy Pens from CountyComm also. The stainles, black, and titanium versions.

Thought I would like the stainless the most but its ridiculously heavy at almost 4oz!

http://www.countycomm.com/pens.html

Offline shawn o

Offline funxion

Favorite Pen
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 01:14:43 »
I ONLY use Pilot G2's.
Filco Ninja MJ2 TKL

Offline eyesnine

Favorite Pen
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 07:05:04 »
I am partial to the Sailor Desk Pen, and the Platinum Carbon Pen. I also like the Lamy Vista because it has interchangeable nibs. For calligraphy Pilot Parallel Pens are amazing.

I use mostly Noodler's inks, because they're cheap and durable. But, I recently got some Sailor Nano Ink which I like alot. It's expensive, so I only use it in my fine nibbed pens.

And how about mechanical pencils? I just picked up a Uni Shift Pipe and it's awesome, but the eraser is too small (which seems to be a problem common to good mechanical pencils).

Offline captain

Favorite Pen
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 02:46:26 »
delete

Offline captain

Favorite Pen
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 02:47:54 »
I like the Prismacolor double-ended pens.  Great colors, great dye/ink, great points (chisel on one end, fine point on the other)

Offline silat

Favorite Pen
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 04:23:16 »
Well pens and mechanical pencils are as much an addiction as keyboards.
I have many.
But for everyday use:
Lamy 2000 and Space Pens

My fave everyday pencil is the Lamy Scribble 7 although I keep Pilot G2's all over the place.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline Maarten

Favorite Pen
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 05:07:13 »
Quote from: eyesnine;571364
[...]I also like the Lamy Vista because it has interchangeable nibs. [..]

Nice to hear something positive about the Vistas, i have a couple of these on route as we speak for general use to replace some ballpoints!

Offline newyorker87

Favorite Pen
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 15:40:23 »
In all honesty, my favorite pens are often the promotional pens I receive from hotels, restaurants, etc.  Maybe it's because they're free, but they're also usually very high quality! I collect 'em so I never have to buy one :).

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
Favorite Pen
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 15:43:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack FreePenLover!

I'm a big fan of free pens myself.

Offline HolidaySHRIMP

Favorite Pen
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 19:45:31 »
Oh Gawd. This thread + Amazon mobile buy now. Fml why did I open this thread... LOL damn u GH!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Favorite Pen
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 17:26:07 »
I thought I was weird that I am picky about keyboards.  Then I came here.  I thought I was weird that I am picky about simple ball point pens.  Then I saw this thread.

Back in college I mostly used a Zebra F-301.  Nothing special, but a good pen.  I managed not to lose one of them and still have it kicking around along with its M-301 sibling.  The gel pens were new at the time.  I liked how they flowed like a roller but were smooth like a normal ball-point.  I didn't like how they blobbed and smeared and sometimes leaked.  They have come a long way.  The G2 is pretty nice and is what I usually use now.

I suck at writing and avoid it whenever possible, but I still miss my space pen.  My wife always steals my pens off my desk and then loses them, so I don't bother buying pricey pens anymore.  :p
Russ

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Favorite Pen
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 April 2012, 20:21:25 »
I went digging through her desk and found one of my old Parker Jotters from college as well.  One of the few pens I managed to hang onto long enough to require a refill or two.  :)
Russ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: Favorite Pen
« Reply #69 on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 15:18:00 »
I use the F-301 at work all the time. Love it. At home I use fountain pens. I've spent hundreds on them, and, shockingly, my daily drivers are my Lamy and Esterbrook, with the occasional Sailor thrown in for good measure.

Offline Firebolt1914

• POM Overlord
Re: Favorite Pen
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 15:53:03 »
necro pls