Author Topic: [eBay US] NEW Matias Tactile Pro - $59.99 + shipping  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Diogenes

[eBay US] NEW Matias Tactile Pro - $59.99 + shipping
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 20:53:19 »
I've used black ALPS keys (I own an AT101w), but haven't really been exposed to whites. I've gathered that they are clicky, but are they as loud as cherry blues, or are they louder, like buckling springs?

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 21:45:04 »
These are [h=1]TACTILE PRO MAC KEYBOARD MODEL FK102[/h]
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 08 April 2012, 23:42:57 »
The loudest board in my stable is a white-Fukka board, subjectively.  That includes Blues, F, M and the newer Green Alps for comparisons.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline ms264556

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 04:36:12 »
I've got one of these (swapped it for a wired aluminium a few weeks ago). It is the loudest board I've ever heard. The keys are loud enough, but then there is also this incredible ringing sound which builds up as you're typing. I type slow (hunt and peck at around 50wpm) so I haven't managed to see the ghosting problem.

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 11:50:46 »
The ringing wasn't all that evident on the early YouTube videos of the TP3 before I bought mine – it sounded faint and cute. Makes me wonder then whether the FILCO Zero Fukka rings just as much as this keyboard does, since it sounds fine on YouTube also (better, actually). XM on the other hand seem to be devoid of ping – the XM Zero has the driest sound I've heard in person, no reverberation at all. No like.

Can't beat blue ALPS for sound ;-)
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline Diogenes

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 13:28:32 »
Thanks for the replies about the noise. I work in a cube cluster and am trying not to annoy the bejeezus out of my neighbors. From the replies,it sounds like I should look for a different mech. I appreciate the help, folks!

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 09 April 2012, 14:05:36 »
It's a nice switch but, no, definitely not quiet. You want tactile or linear Cherry MX, Topre, or possibly complicated linear or tactile ALPS.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline cliftonmthomas

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 April 2012, 09:34:33 »
Got one of them from the seller for $34 plus shipping. I paid like $100 for one of these 8 years ago. It is very loud, but it's a nice board. This'll be a gift for my brother.