Author Topic: fully compatible keycaps for Quickfire Rapid  (Read 2877 times)

Offline x1o8x

fully compatible keycaps for Quickfire Rapid
« on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 13:39:34 »
Hi,

May I know which keycaps would be fully compatible with Quickfire Rapid? I heard keycool has spacebar issues, but what about Filco, Ducky etc.?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 13:53:20 »
Any aftermarket set you find that's MX will be fully compatible. Vintage keys is the only place where you might run into issue, like Cherry doubleshots, depending.

Offline x1o8x

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 14:10:00 »
Quote from: lysol;590860
Any aftermarket set you find that's MX will be fully compatible. Vintage keys is the only place where you might run into issue, like Cherry doubleshots, depending.

ahh i see... i guess it should be fine... though keycool itself is MX too i believe? and they are having stem issues on the spacebar, that's what I heard, as well as any leopold compatible keycaps will have issues too...

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 14:17:32 »
Unless you own Leopold, or Keycool, I am not sure why you are concerned with this? No aftermarket sets sold have Leopold only mounts on spacebar that I am aware of. Everything you will find from vendors here, ebay, etc are pretty much all standard ANSI unless specified otherwise.

Offline x1o8x

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 14:18:55 »
Quote from: lysol;590877
Unless you own Leopold, or Keycool, I am not sure why you are concerned with this? No aftermarket sets sold have Leopold only mounts on spacebar that I am aware of. Everything you will find from vendors here, ebay, etc are pretty much all standard ANSI unless specified otherwise.

ahh i see.... thanks for the assurance :)

kinda new to this, so please forgive me if you would :)

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 15:05:51 »
Quote from: lysol;590877
All the aftermarket sets I know of have CMstorm-compatible spacebar mounts, but there also exists some "universal" spacebars that are also compatible with some Leopold (they are compatible with both).

x1o8x: Welcome to Geekhack!

Offline x1o8x

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 12 May 2012, 18:46:32 »
Quote from: dorkvader;590905
All the aftermarket sets I know of have CMstorm-compatible spacebar mounts, but there also exists some "universal" spacebars that are also compatible with some Leopold (they are compatible with both).

x1o8x: Welcome to Geekhack!

thanks for the warm welcome!