Author Topic: Headphone amp/mixer!  (Read 1571 times)

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
Headphone amp/mixer!
« on: Mon, 04 June 2012, 21:54:37 »
Hi all!  I need some informations on what I can get for my audio setup!

I need a mixer/amp that I can plug 3-4 devices (pc,ps3,mediaplayer...) and it needs to have an output for my speakers(behind) and a headphone jack!(in the front). I need suggestions because I don't know too much brand in that stuff! I don't care if the mixer/amp have RCA or 1/4 jacks...

If it's possible I want a really classy finish(anodized brushed aluminum to fit with my lian-li cases. ^^)

I found this but it doesn't have enough input...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SA-S21-TA2021B-25wx-2-Class-T-Headphone-Amplifier-Amp-B-/170625420972?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item27ba114eac

(I know, my english is not perfect...) xD

THanks!

Offline Parak

Headphone amp/mixer!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 04 June 2012, 22:45:56 »
Are you sure you actually need a mixer? Generic ones are pretty cheap at under $100 and will do what you want, but they're not exactly pretty as they are professional audio devices. There are some pretty ones floating around, but expect to pay $arm+$leg for them. Alternatively, you could of course just do a plain receiver which switches audio instead of mixing it, but as a bonus it will also switch video for you.

Offline lys.nordique

• Formerly 'scatology'
Headphone amp/mixer!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 21:25:13 »
I don't really need a mixer but I need a device to link my pc/ps3 to my headphones and speakers... I want to manage only the sound not the video...

Headphone amp/mixer!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 05 June 2012, 23:25:55 »
I have one of these and it works well for using one set of speakers with multiple 1/8" inputs like PCs, Roku, portable radio, etc. It has a 1/8" front headphone jack as well. The negatives are it hardly looks "classy" and the LEDs are way too bright.