Author Topic: best price/performance helmet cam?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline Internetlad

best price/performance helmet cam?
« on: Fri, 08 June 2012, 12:53:03 »
I'm looking for a helmet mounted camera, i'm running a demolition derby this year and want to record my view of the situation for review later. Preferably 720p with at least 30FPS and would have to be able to withstand impacts Dirt resistant would be a big plus, water resistance is a non-issue.

Price range- under 150 good, under 100 excellent. My accountant (AKA Wife) keeps me on a budget.

Reputable brands would be nice. Realistically i'm only going to be using this thing once, maybe twice a year. I don't do much outdoorsy stuff that I care to be recorded.

Would probably mount it on the right hand side of my helmet, as that would be the least likely to impede my movement and/or have the camera impact anything, so a helmet mount is a big plus. (could also fashion one myself, if necessary)

Refurbished or good shape used models acceptable. I've also got a thread in Classifieds about the same style item that you can check out (mostly the same info though)
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Internetlad

« Reply #1 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 11:00:32 »
bump! Nothing guys? :(
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline JimBobMorris

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 21:14:21 »
Don't know much about helmet cam's but a friend of mine owns a GoPro and loves the thing. He takes it snowboarding and the video quality/durability is pretty solid from what I've seen.
http://gopro.com/cameras/hd-hero-960-camera/

You've probably already checked it out, just throwing it out there if you haven't heard of it.
Leopold TKL Black w/ Cherry MX Blues | Deck 82 (Ice) w/ Cherry MX Blacks