Author Topic: What adhesive to use for rubber + plastic mouse  (Read 3205 times)

Offline dmbr

What adhesive to use for rubber + plastic mouse
« on: Sat, 09 June 2012, 15:53:21 »
I recently bought some rubber grip squares to mod my mouse's grip with, and they're great...but they just won't stay in place due to whatever cheap adhesive they use.

Might anyone be able to recommend me something that would firmly stick rubber to plastic, but still allow the rubber and adhesive remnants to be removed without harming the mouse surface?

I'm using a Razer Deathadder, if that matters.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 June 2012, 15:55:40 by dmbr »

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 June 2012, 23:39:19 »
That's a tough one, mainly because anything strong enough will surely have an impact on the plastic below. You don't want water soluble glues because your hands will most likely sweat and wear the glue away. Maybe a strip of hot glue?

Offline Voixdelion

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 June 2012, 00:41:17 »
Maybe try a very thin coating of contact cement?  Actually some kind of industrial stength rubber cement might work or even contact cement from home depot (for tile) if you just use a VERY thin layer on the rubber and let it get almost dry before sticking to the plastic.  Test it first on something similar that won't mind being marred, though.  I fairly certain the rubber cement would be safe, but I'm not so sure how removeable the other would be.  I use it to repair my shoes since its the only thing that holds under duress.  Now that I think of it, maybe evn shoe goo would would work?   (It doens't for shoes, but for that it might be quite effective...)
"The more you tolerate each other, the less enforcement will happen."-iMav