Author Topic: Pure ~ to Esc?  (Read 4595 times)

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 14:10:02 »
Is is possible with a dipswitch to remap the esc over beside the shift to the ~ key? I have to have a ~ for keybinds in games and I would like just to swap the location of the esc over to where they've placed the tilde key. I havn't purchased one of these yet, just trying to find out before/if I do. I could just get another Poker if not, but I'd really like the twankly lights the Pure has.
I hate everything.

Offline Rumudiez

Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 18:10:46 »
Yes, there is a dip switch on the back that only flips the Esc/Tilde key for just those reasons.
40% layout, anyone?

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:34:53 »
Omag. Thanks for the reply. Now I will partake of one.
I hate everything.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:35:54 »
Do you have pure manual I 'll post it here.
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52677[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52678[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52679[/ATTACH]
« Last Edit: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:38:18 by net2522 »

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:43:30 »
Hmm Net2522 thanks for that, however it doesn't show anything like I mentioned. So is Rumudiez right?
I hate everything.

Offline All The Fire

Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:45:30 »
No, the Pure doesn't have a dip switch for swapping esc and tilde. The dip switches just change around the left side ctrl, win, alt and caps lock keys. I guess you'd have to run an autohotkey script for that if you want the Pure.

Offline net2522

• lollollollol
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:47:21 »
^He's right. Sorry, couldn't help much :(

get race75% :)

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 10 June 2012, 20:48:46 »
Meh, thanks for the help guys. I'll just get another Poker. I don't like the jumbo esc key on the Race or I would go for one of those.
I hate everything.

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 07:31:06 »
Quote from: All The Fire;610979
No, the Pure doesn't have a dip switch for swapping esc and tilde. The dip switches just change around the left side ctrl, win, alt and caps lock keys. I guess you'd have to run an autohotkey script for that if you want the Pure.
Just to confirm...
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline All The Fire

Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 16:56:16 »
In another matter, SW2 is a little misleading. In that it doesn't switch Del and BS, it just turns BS into Del while keeping Del on the function layer.

I also think it would have been a tad more comfortable if they move the arrows to P:L" and moved PrSc and ScrLk to O and K. I get around that by using SW0 though. Overall though very happy with it.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 16:57:36 »
Use Windows Layout Creator, much easier to do than Autohotkey!

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 17:45:03 »
To log onto a computer using that keyboard, I would expect to hold ctrl, then alt, then fn, then backspace. Fn should only affect keydown events that occur after the fn key is pressed, up until it is released.

If these guys actually need a dedicated ctrl+alt+del key, then something is wrong. Very wrong.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline metafour

Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 11 June 2012, 17:53:17 »
Glad I checked back on this thread I was almost sold on a Pure like Awful was if you could do the ~ and Esc switch like he asked. Now I'm back to thinking that the Pure is just too little, too late. Especially after all the hype they did along with the fact that all the pictures they released prior to general availability showed us purple backlighting only to end up with orange as the only available color at launch. =\

Offline All The Fire

Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 06:33:56 »
Quote from: Daniel Beardsmore;611541
To log onto a computer using that keyboard, I would expect to hold ctrl, then alt, then fn, then backspace. Fn should only affect keydown events that occur after the fn key is pressed, up until it is released.

If these guys actually need a dedicated ctrl+alt+del key, then something is wrong. Very wrong.
You can do that, it works, or if you have SW2 on just CTRL+ALT+DEL. It would just seem they threw in a shortcut because why not.
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2012, 06:36:04 by All The Fire »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 08:26:29 »
I think the dumbest move was changing the Fn-nav keys from WASD to OKL;. WTF?!?! If I want right side nav keys, I'll turn on SW0. Trying too hard to copy the HHKB and not succeeding.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 12 June 2012, 08:32:52 »
So glad I didn't buy one of these!

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 13 June 2012, 00:15:55 »
Too many whiners here. I've said this before. If you don't like the layout, commission your own geekhack keyboard. This is what KBT members wanted, and got made. You guys will never get a 60% you want because no one is willing to put any effort into getting the layout you want made. All you do is sit there and complain instead of doing something about it.

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 13 June 2012, 01:17:28 »
Quote from: laffindude;612467
Too many whiners here. I've said this before. If you don't like the layout, commission your own geekhack keyboard. This is what KBT members wanted, and got made. You guys will never get a 60% you want because no one is willing to put any effort into getting the layout you want made. All you do is sit there and complain instead of doing something about it.

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 52846[/ATTACH]

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 13 June 2012, 16:51:06 »
Quote from: laffindude;612467

There are plenty of people here who have designed keyboard controllers. Surely this could be put to use – that would save the expense on getting someone like KBT to design it. The fundamental problem that crops up again and again is that these keyboards have very limited configurability, as very little effort ever goes into the controller. The work already carried out by forum members should resolve that and leave KBT or whoever to just build the keyboards, since the physical design is already done too. (There would probably be the need for a polished configuration UI for each of *NIX console, Windows, Mac OS X and maybe X11 – I doubt this exists for anyone's controller yet.)

The idea of plain commissioning a keyboard however is nuts as no-one will ever agree on a layout; that's why the only viable option is to have a fully configurable controller.

How easily could this integrate with lowpoly's work, for example? What would it take to get the miniguru built and shipped? I don't know how complete the controller and software is for that yet.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Pure ~ to Esc?
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 14 June 2012, 04:05:09 »
Pure is a commissioned keyboard. KBT didn't design it nor built it. Nuts? They got it done.
Controller is just an excuse. Commission a board that can accept a Teensy with pins. Race was designed with 40pin dip socket to accept a custom controller. Just no one has done so yet.