Author Topic: How do I assign blank key caps? (Both Leopold and WASDKeyboards)  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Velay

Hello, sorry to ask you guys such a newbie question, but I'm quite the newbie myself.

I was wondering how to properly assign blank keys (both Leopold and WASD) onto a Leopold 10keyless Otaku.

I bought my 10keyless Leopold 2 months ago and I bought yellow keycaps from WASD the following week after.

Underneath each key cap there was this number ranging from 2-14 (I believe?) and when I finished placing each key from low to high values, I realized some keys are a little lower than the others, and some keys are much higher than others.

On the bottom of my Leopold key caps there are 3 letters and 1 number
one example
being O (top left corner),
M (top right corner)
D (bottom left corner)
and the number 08 in the bottom right corner.

And on the bottom of my WASD key caps I have  R#(which is most likely Row Number) and a number (an example being 05).

Thanks. Hopefully I get to solve this problem very soon.

Offline Djuzuh

How do I assign blank key caps? (Both Leopold and WASDKeyboards)
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 16:29:24 »
There are 4 different profiles. The top two rows and the bottom two rows have the same profile.

You need to sort every key into the 4 profiles (very annoying task).

Then you need to place them. Use the bigger key (caps lock, alt, enter, etc…) to help yourself, as well as the number of key having this profile.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 16:34:50 »
Pull one cap from each row, compare these to the new ones and go from there :)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 June 2012, 18:03:16 »
They will have marking like R1 R2 easiest to find by looking at Backspace, Tab, Caps, Shift... Leopold I think has row letters instead ABCD, with the key number that is only relevant to printed keys.

Offline Velay

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 21:50:11 »
Thanks a lot guys, I managed to fix my keyboard using http://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_profile as a reference.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 June 2012, 22:31:05 »
Quote from: Velay;620557
Thanks a lot guys, I managed to fix my keyboard using http://deskthority.net/wiki/Keycap_profile as a reference.
I'm glad you got it "sorted" out!

There are also some profile pictures in the GH "key reference" wiki (stickied in this forum and in the wiki dropdown at the top)
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?30628-Key-Reference