Author Topic: Keycap of Mystery  (Read 218935 times)

Offline Bry

Re: Keycap of Mystery
« Reply #900 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 11:32:43 »
this one time in band camp, i played the trumpet.

Hey man, I played trumpet... in band.   Never went to camp tho.

Me too!

Also, I know who sent these. This person admitted it with several pieces of photo evidence (which also served to prove the adorableness of his cat) somewhere on the internet in a public thread. I won't say who though, because that would ruin the fun of watching you all squirm :P

My only regret is not having my address in this legendary person's address book T.T
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 15:05:00 by Bry »

last.fm | deviantART | SC2
Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Red | Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Brown | U9BLS - MX Brown

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #901 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 23:59:25 »
lol do you mean ripster?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #902 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 00:14:17 »
he has claimed to have sent them several times. however, he has not presented any evidence that corroborates this story, and i can think of several reasons offhand why it is highly unlikely that the culprit is him.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #903 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 00:16:49 »
Because it's you...
I love Elzy

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #904 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 00:16:55 »
and i can think of several reasons offhand why it is highly unlikely that the culprit is him.

well of course you can, mystery kawa!

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #905 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 00:18:16 »
:/

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #906 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 00:18:53 »
You kinda walked into that one, sir.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #907 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 02:24:04 »
The suspense is boring me ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bry

« Reply #908 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 15:37:58 »
The suspense is boring me ;)

Haha

Like I said, I'm not going to say who. But the evidence is out there if you look hard enough.

last.fm | deviantART | SC2
Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Red | Filco MJ2 Ninja - MX Brown | U9BLS - MX Brown

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #909 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 02:50:44 »
Who is it, Bry?  Tell us now!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #910 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 12:14:02 »
Yes, Bryan.  Please do share.  Someone with a cat?  Is it ripster, whiskerbox, etc?   :)
Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #911 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 12:15:58 »
I stopped following this thread but now I'm interested again :\ tell us! Don't make us work hard qq
I love Elzy

Offline litster

« Reply #912 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 14:10:11 »
So, there are more of the first mystery keycaps in circulation.  We went to SP yesterday for our meet up.  In our goodie bags, we each received a blue mystery keycap.  I have 2 of them now.  Anyone want to trade your orange/black mystery keycap for one of my blue ones?

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #913 on: Sun, 04 November 2012, 14:14:39 »
I still want a blue one >=(
I love Elzy

Offline gimpster

« Reply #914 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 10:58:38 »
So, there are more of the first mystery keycaps in circulation.  We went to SP yesterday for our meet up.  In our goodie bags, we each received a blue mystery keycap.  I have 2 of them now.  Anyone want to trade your orange/black mystery keycap for one of my blue ones?

+1 I'm willing to trade one of my blue mystery caps for one of your orange mystery caps.
-Ryan

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #915 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 11:03:01 »

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #916 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 14:32:58 »
Yes, Bryan.  Please do share.  Someone with a cat?  Is it ripster, whiskerbox, etc?   :)

Silly reaper. Ripster is a dog person and whiskerbox IS a cat! Cats can't mail items. srsly

(incoming cat lovers... "Sure they can and they can lick their asses while flying the space shuttle". Incredible creatures, these cats)
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline The_Ed

• Asperger's... SQUIRREL! I'm Anal Retentive *****!
« Reply #917 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 14:44:01 »
Reaper "frelled" me... Twice... Did he "frell" you too?... *brohug*
I'm camping for a week, and moving twice in a month. I'll get back to you when I can (If I don't then just send me another PM).
R.I.P.ster

Offline whiskerBox

Keycap of Mystery
« Reply #918 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 17:25:45 »
It's ripster picture evidence provided
"I'm on a mission to bring down GH's anarchy of moderators" -RIPSTER jr.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #919 on: Tue, 06 November 2012, 21:53:52 »
Silly reaper. Ripster is a dog person and whiskerbox IS a cat! Cats can't mail items. srsly
(incoming cat lovers... "Sure they can and they can lick their asses while flying the space shuttle". Incredible creatures, these cats)

Really?  I thought he has at least one cat. lol  Oh well, I heard demik just got some kittens also so it might be him!  ;)
Din Eli

Offline AriesX

« Reply #920 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 00:58:51 »
so im fairly new to the community, and i was wondering if there is a screw loose in ripsters head? i checked out his subreddit and all he does is ***** and moan about geekhack.. why does he have such a vendetta against this website?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #921 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 01:11:58 »
At one time, he was a valued member of this community. He contributed greatly to the wiki, and to overall knowledge and Keyboard Science. He tried to help n00bs, without making them feel like idiots for asking questions. He considered himself to be the #1 Keyboard Expert on the Planet.

Then something happened, and I'm not sure quite what it was. He had arguments with some members, and got himself banned for a short time. When he came back, he quickly evolved into nothing but a troll. Got himself permanently banned from GH. Then the R00tW0RM incident took down GH, and we all found temporary refuge on Deskthority, until iMav, mkawa, and the other admins could get the site rebuilt. Big thanks to webwit for allowing us to camp there, now that I mention it. While there, ripster got himself banned from DT, as well. Now he has resigned himself to Reddit, and still holds a grudge, as you say.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline AriesX

« Reply #922 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 01:16:22 »
Thanks for the thorough explanation! It's a bit strange to me that all he is bad mouth this place but yet he seems to monitor this site like its his job

Offline litster

« Reply #923 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 17:44:45 »
what happened to those mystery keycaps that whiskerbox sent out?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #924 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 17:54:22 »
whiskerBox sent 5 to tjcaustin and 4 to NikoGasm. I got one from tjcaustin, and, I'm guessing here, so did The_Beast, kmiller8, and kellybear. I think NikoGasm was sending 3 to Alessandro, but I lost the thread after that.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #925 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 17:56:44 »
For a second there I thought someone was going to say they received a round 3 mystery kawa keycap.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Keycap of Mystery
« Reply #926 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 17:59:48 »
I have one mystery cap, from round 2

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #927 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 18:47:05 »
OK, it was me guys.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #928 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 18:49:46 »
^Don't play....everyone knows it was Mkawa.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #929 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 18:56:22 »
^ Nope. i3oilermaker.

in memoriam

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #930 on: Sun, 02 December 2012, 20:58:26 »

^ Nope. i3oilermaker.

^ Nope, it's jdcarpe!  :)
Din Eli

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #931 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 00:14:51 »
^ Nope, it's reaper

Offline iArson

« Reply #932 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 04:48:28 »
What if it was Santa...

Offline nullstring

« Reply #933 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 05:14:25 »
do you know them enough to call them a tramp?

stop jumping to conclusions!
Show Image

i made a funny

=D

Offline litster

« Reply #934 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 01:13:16 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #935 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 01:51:53 »
lol at them guessing when we already know it's mkawa
I love Elzy

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #936 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 02:10:47 »
i don't speak european

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #937 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:13:36 »
English is probably the most common European language?

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Keycap of Mystery
« Reply #938 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:31:41 »
English is probably the most common European language?

mkawa no speaky da english! :p

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #939 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:59:56 »
I see - he uses Google Translate when posting here.  OK.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #940 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 08:45:51 »
The only thing that I actually care about when it comes to these is why the people that get them are chosen.
I enjoy that I got the white on blue one, but am wondering what I did right/wrong to not deserve the second one =p.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #941 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 09:52:04 »
If I recall correctly, people who were picked to help distribute the 2nd one were given explicit instructions to distribute to people that did not receive the 1st one.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Glissant

« Reply #942 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 10:00:12 »
Then I didn't receive the first one *whistle innocently*

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #943 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:13:46 »
When I saw this thread resurrected, I thought maybe there was a third one doing the rounds.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #944 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:26:49 »
Third round, but second version keycap. Seems like Europe/Asia this time?

in memoriam

Offline sordna

« Reply #945 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:44:42 »
You've seen the mystery sender's twitter page, right? It was posted on DT the other day

https://twitter.com/Ey_Ef
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #946 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:55:36 »
Yeah, they started following me some time ago.
Russ

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #947 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 18:25:48 »
When I saw this thread resurrected, I thought maybe there was a third one doing the rounds.
And I bet they still won't make it to Australia if there is a third :P
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #948 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 19:28:39 »
I have one of the second batch :p

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #949 on: Fri, 08 February 2013, 04:12:44 »
Finally the poor soul here in SG stands a chance......or do I?  :p