Author Topic: Keyboard for incoming Birthday- August.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline xyril

• Youtube Channel (full of typing and gaming vods)
Keyboard for incoming Birthday- August.
« on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 05:11:09 »
Hey im a gamer/typist....

im looking for a specific keyboard model/brand for my incoming birthday. What do you guys recommend me to get?

If its ok, is it ok if My friend bought me A Filco Majestouch 2 Camo or Filco Majestouch ninja ? (both are merely same price here)..

sooo pick one

(sry for english)

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
Re: Keyboard for incoming Birthday- August.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 10:36:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'd say if a friend was going to buy me a Filco period I'd be pretty happy with that.

If you really like the click of mechanical switches, go with MX Blues.

For a gamer/typist you'd also be good with either linear or tactile switches. If you like to feel a slight resistance as you press down then go with tactile switches. Tactile has slight feedback in the keypress mid stroke vs linear which is a very smooth keypress the entire way. If you like firm switches go after MX Black (linear) or MX Clears (tactile). If you prefer softer switches try MX Red (linear) or MX Browns (tactile).

Once you pick your switch type see which boards are available with those switches. That might help you narrow down your choices a bit.

On one side the camo has a very cool and unique looking case, I've also seen some really cool keycap/board combos to give it a cool military style. On the flip side the black or white Filco Majestouch Ninja has a more traditional color which might look better with a wider variety of keycaps.

If it were me, I'd get the camo because that's one type of Filco board I don't have.