Author Topic: Switching keycaps from Razer Blackwidow to Keycool 87  (Read 2397 times)

Offline czcibor

Switching keycaps from Razer Blackwidow to Keycool 87
« on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 09:39:15 »
Switching keycaps from Razer Blackwidow to Keycool 87
I heard that some of the Razer BW keys have diffrent size from the standard ones but if i change all of them they should fit. Is it 100% true?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: Switching keycaps from Razer Blackwidow to Keycool 87
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 16:41:31 »
I don't know about the keycool's ones, but some key caps I ordered on the internet (not to mention the site) like the "gold zync" one, are a bit too "high" (can't figure out the good adj to use here) and I didn't find any place where they could fit good on mine blackwidow (sad because I paid about 50$ to have the starcraft key caps (race + leagues)).

also I got a friend that ordered a space bar on the WASD site, and it was not on the good size for his blackwidow (can't remember if it was too big or too small).

So be careful if you order some keys for your blackwidow, I don't want to say that you don't have to make it, because I only had problems with the Zync ones, and the other key caps are awesome!

I hope I helped you, if not, sorry like that you have my opinion about it :)

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 17:01:57 »
The word you're looking for is profile. The BW has a differently sized spacebar, and the modifiers (ctrl, win, alt) also have different sizes than the standard.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 20:36:55 »
exactly what I was looking for!
the profile of those gold key was not the same as the profile of, lets say, the letter "e" on my blackwidow (but I already saw some keyboards with gold key caps replacing normal letters, so I guess that this size can be different too)

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 21 July 2012, 20:43:41 »
The SC2 zinc keys are most likely for the esc/function row and the home cluster.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!