Author Topic: WTB Blank White Cherry Key Caps  (Read 1373 times)

Offline 9-bit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Looking for blank white keycaps
WTB Blank White Cherry Key Caps
« on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 18:50:11 »
Hey guys, first buying thread here. I recently got my das keyboard, but I want to get a set of blank white key caps for it. I have a 10 keyed keyboard (unfortunately T_T) so I'm going to need 104 blank white key caps. I'm not going to buy anything unless I can get them for 30 or less, because I can get them for 40 on WASD and there is the risk of buying on a forum. The more refs you have the better. I don't want my first trade to be my last.

I WILL BUY USED KEYCAPS

Thanks for looking :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
Re: WTB Blank White Cherry Key Caps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 19:02:48 »
40 for a set of 104 keycaps is considered to be a pretty good price, the price usually only goes up from there, and by cherry keycaps you mean Cherry MX keycaps, and not keycaps from Cherry Corp? Keycaps from Cherry Corp run easily 50+, so finding a full 104 set for under 30 is going to be pretty rare, but good luck.
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline 9-bit

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 19:11:58 »
40 for a set of 104 keycaps is considered to be a pretty good price, the price usually only goes up from there, and by cherry keycaps you mean Cherry MX keycaps, and not keycaps from Cherry Corp? Keycaps from Cherry Corp run easily 50+, so finding a full 104 set for under 30 is going to be pretty rare, but good luck.
40 for 104 is what you get from wasd, which I would expect to be higher than most. And yes, I mean caps for a cherry mx blue keyboard. I don't see why I can't get a used set or something :/ Thanks :)

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 19:16:57 »
The keycaps on the WASD site are considered the lesser expensive brand of keycaps because they are made with ABS plastic, most other vendors here make keycaps from PBT material which is considered more expensive, I'm not saying you can't get a used set, I'm just saying don't expect them to be selling for < 30$.

Brand new ones from qtan are 44+ shipping:

http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/item/pbt-key-caps/104-pbt-white-blank-key-caps-f/lid=27419392
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 July 2012, 19:19:01 by ekw808 »
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline 9-bit

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 20 July 2012, 19:29:03 »
Hmm, thanks for the information. I'll look into those ones from qtan, but i'm not sure about the color from those key caps.