Author Topic: (Amazon US) Various Used Filco Keyboards  (Read 2904 times)

Offline blighty

(Amazon US) Various Used Filco Keyboards
« on: Tue, 24 July 2012, 00:37:33 »
Amazon occasionally lists used Filco keyboards from their warehouse or other sellers.
Some current examples:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004VKYHP4/ref=sr_1_6_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343107318&sr=1-6&condition=used
 Used Filco 104 with blue switches for $121.49 USD or $138.57 shipped (versus a new board for $149 USD)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004Z0XSAA/ref=sr_1_19_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343107318&sr=1-19&condition=used
Used Filco 104 Ninja with black switches for $96.48 USD shipped
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004VKUSG6/ref=sr_1_4_olp?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1343107318&sr=1-4&condition=used
Used Filco 104 with brown switches for $130.58 USD shipped.

If you don't mind what interesting bodily fluids have caressed these keyboards and want to save a few dollars, there you go.
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline soccermatt34

Re: (Amazon US) Various Used Filco Keyboards
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 July 2012, 22:54:34 »
Blacks sold out

Offline TurdFurgusand

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 July 2012, 21:22:46 »
+1 to this tip. I just got a cherry blue Filco Majestouch 2 tenkeyless for $105 from there. You have to keep an eye out though.

Offline ZenMaverick

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 19:52:58 »
You bought your Filco used? I'm trying to buy my first mechanical keyboard and saw a few used options. How was the keyboard after purchasing it? I'm kind of hesitant to buy a used board...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 20:11:10 »
Seems you can get a CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid new keyboard (TKL) for about half the price of a used Filco TK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:49:08 »
You bought your Filco used? I'm trying to buy my first mechanical keyboard and saw a few used options. How was the keyboard after purchasing it? I'm kind of hesitant to buy a used board...

If this is your first board and price is a concern, but a CM quickfire if you want a TKL, or a Rosewill if you want full size. These two are essentially Filcos, just sold under a different brand.

Offline ZenMaverick

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:12:57 »
I have the quick fire rapid in mind, but I keep seeing about Filcos and how amazing they are, maybe I'll pick one up along the line. Also I'm seeing a lot about how quick fire rapids are more or less similar quality to Filco. Looks like quick fire rapid it is, for it's price I don't think I can go wrong. Thank you Rowdy and Whitefire!

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:30:00 »
They're pretty much the same but only half the cost of a Filco. If you really care about the differences though, I did a close comparison between a CM quickfire and Filco and you can decide if it's worth the price difference:

Offline ZenMaverick

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:43:04 »
Whitefiredragon I found a couple of used options for Filcos opposed to a new Quick Fire Rapid. Since Quick Fire Rapids are supposedly close in quality to Filcos I'm leaning towards them. Any thoughts?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:56:52 »
lol just watch the video, I don't want to type out every difference between a Filco and CM quickfire again. But BASICALLY, if you don't care about cosmetic conditions (like small scratches, shine/oily keys, dust, etc), then go with the Filco since the feet and non-removable cable are more robust. If you want it brand new and pristine condition, go for the CM quickfire. This is assuming you can get a new quickfire and used filco for around the same price. But again, it comes down to personal preference in the differences in features, so it's really up to you.

Offline ZenMaverick

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 21:03:22 »
Yeah I just finished watching it. I'm actually pretty surprised with the comparison... It's like the Quick Fire Rapid is a rebranded Filco lol.

Offline blighty

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 03 November 2012, 14:17:07 »
Basically, you buy a filco because it's a filco, and you buy a CM quick fire because you want a filco, but don't want to pay the premium for the name, or have as many (or any) options for replacement cases or controllers. Or you buy a quickfire because you want media keys without having to use autohotkey. The OG quickfires are tacky as hell with the overbranding.  At least they cooled it a bit on their newest batch.
Think we got a bit off topic here....
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)