Author Topic: PBT for kbt pures?  (Read 4945 times)

Offline irjoe

PBT for kbt pures?
« on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 19:22:43 »
Hey everyone,

looking to see if anyone knows if KBT Pure's will have PBT sets available any time soon. Looking to see if there will be a set with the fn layer markings on the side. I love the KBT Pure, but the texture of the ABS keycaps are kind of a downer

Offline yearn4

• formerly known as 4en

Offline irjoe

Re: PBT for kbt pures?
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 July 2012, 01:31:29 »
I already have the keyboard.. was looking into just replacing the keycaps with PBT's. I'll msg him though.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 08:28:58 »
I still have some white ones laying around.

Offline irjoe

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 July 2012, 17:15:53 »
white PBT's for KBT Pure? Would you want to sell those?

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 11:35:37 »
You can just get any white PBT key set and throw them on. Any size kit you buy will work :P
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 13:19:14 »
You can just get any white PBT key set and throw them on. Any size kit you buy will work :P
That may be true for a poker, but the pure has an extra key, and a shorter right shift. If you get blank, or something different (like up arrow) for the extra key, it'll work, but I don't know if a normal full set would have the short right shift. I guess you could put a 1x key on there, but you might have to order one in that size from SP or something.

Other than that, I believe it should be pretty easy to get the rest of the keys to work from any normal PBT set.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 14 August 2012, 14:37:18 »
That may be true for a poker, but the pure has an extra key, and a shorter right shift. If you get blank, or something different (like up arrow) for the extra key, it'll work, but I don't know if a normal full set would have the short right shift. I guess you could put a 1x key on there, but you might have to order one in that size from SP or something.

Other than that, I believe it should be pretty easy to get the rest of the keys to work from any normal PBT set.

Just realized that. Hopefully, when the day comes that I find a CCnG set for sale, I can also find a green short right shift key :P
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 August 2012, 20:30:46 »
Has anyone seen a set of PBT blanks for the Pure? I'm thinking that short shift would be an R1 1.75, am I right?  I've looked around in the group buys but I haven't seen one.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 04:44:12 »
Bump. I am interested in this.

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 11:14:56 »
Currently that extra short right shift doesn't exist in PBT. You can only get it with the original extra set that the PURE includes.

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 11:35:44 »
no, there exists several more PBT sets for Pure then the standard one with print. one white and one black engraved pbt sets.

« Last Edit: Sun, 30 September 2012, 11:38:12 by Cindori »

Offline naisanza

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 21:46:43 »
no, there exists several more PBT sets for Pure then the standard one with print. one white and one black engraved pbt sets.

Show Image

Where could you find a non-print keycap set for the Pure?
| HHKB2ProOtaku | KBCPokerOtaku(MXblue) | KBTPureOrangeBrown | Heatware

Offline naisanza

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 21:48:09 »
Hey everyone,

looking to see if anyone knows if KBT Pure's will have PBT sets available any time soon. Looking to see if there will be a set with the fn layer markings on the side. I love the KBT Pure, but the texture of the ABS keycaps are kind of a downer

How would you describe the feeling of the texture of the ABS on the Pure, how's that compared to PBT?

Offline naisanza

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 22:42:13 »
Has anyone seen a set of PBT blanks for the Pure? I'm thinking that short shift would be an R1 1.75, am I right?  I've looked around in the group buys but I haven't seen one.

I came here to say the exact same thing. If I can't find a KBT Pure Orange LED (Brown Cherry MX) I want a Pure with non-print keys.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 20 October 2012, 13:45:15 »

Show Image

There were PBT engraved (English and Chinese) and blank blacks in the original pre-order. I don't think many people bought these and only made the original tiny run of them. White blanks were included for the Taiwanese pre-order for the aluminum version. I believe the legended PBT from q-tan is the most numerous one, which funnily enough were not available in Taiwan. The legended PBT is definitely not from the same run as the caps as above, since the original had an error on the enter (says ctrl + alt + esc).