Author Topic: Post your Topre Keyboard  (Read 1608999 times)

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #10350 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 12:30:59 »

when you disassembled the board, were there any wires running in between the keys on the pcb (to create a sort of hard-wired remap)? i've only seen that once ever before on topre, but it makes me believe that it's possible.

Mystery solved - when I took the PCB out I couldn't even see the wire it was so thin, then rushed to make some dinner for the little one. What a strange mod... but I don't hate it. I don't program so I never use tilde.

Wow, it also appears they cut/scraped the diagonal trace on both keys so this is nearly a permanent change until you reconnect those two ends on those cut traces.

Offline suntorytime

Re: Post your Topre Keyboard
« Reply #10351 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 08:44:44 »

Wow, it also appears they cut/scraped the diagonal trace on both keys so this is nearly a permanent change until you reconnect those two ends on those cut traces.

Yeah I think the seller very much intended it to be a permanent change - there's small traces of glue on the contact points for additional security. Anyhow it's a neat little difference - bought it as a cheaper donor board to put in a Norbauer so pretty excited!