Author Topic: NIB mini (not really) but shows Minis Made In Batches  (Read 1581 times)

Offline georgew

NIB mini (not really) but shows Minis Made In Batches
« on: Thu, 04 June 2009, 13:20:07 »
Quote from: ripster;94187
Listings just disappeared.  

Who knows why, it's EBAY!

Probably because it said NIB but was not NIB.  I had a listing removed in the past because I used Like New in the title, they consider that keyword spamming as they told me.
I also had about 12 items removed when they started their stupid rules about paypal and not being able to state personal accounts only.  The seller can't even relist the item, you have to go through the whole process again.  What got me mad was they waited until the last day to do it.
Now they started it where you have to pay the fees even if the person pays from a personal account to a personal account.  They now state that a personal account is only for money transfer to family members.  I have a person that I buy model train parts from and have always used my personal account to his personal account to pay.  I guess them days are gone.  I read once where they made big money from the personal accounts just on the float.  I guess Epal just wants more.
georgew
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2009, 13:23:58 by georgew »

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 June 2009, 09:49:49 »
for the record, I think this seller (and his story about 'buying inventory from the previous seller') is *extremely* hokey.  The previous two sellers were shut down by ebay. These two listings appeared with a mere 14 hour auction on each. (ie, quick enough to try to escape ebay police?).  speaking for myself anyway, I wouldnt trust these listings.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 June 2009, 10:09:18 »
Quote from: ripster;94350
Bonnie and Clyde was shut down by Ebay?  I used to see them list LOTS of stuff.

well i dont know if the sellers are shut down, but these particular *listings* were!
just seems way too hokey to me.  I've experienced ebay fraud before so I'm wary if things are not totally straightforward. (Luckily buyer protection from paypal saved my ass in the previous case, but it was a pain to get it all straightened out).
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 June 2009, 15:25:07 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline javifast

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 June 2009, 10:14:55 »
I bought the first one. I hope this is not a fraud. I have fingers crossed.
Too many keyboards....

Offline javifast

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 June 2009, 14:15:59 »
I think paypal give me 75 days if something goes wrong.  I hope all is OK...
When I have some news IŽll tell you what happened.
Too many keyboards....

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 06 June 2009, 16:13:07 »
Quote from: javifast;94512
I think paypal give me 75 days if something goes wrong.  I hope all is OK...
When I have some news IŽll tell you what happened.

ya keep us posted. I was very suspicious of these two listings. I mean WTH is a 14 hour listing, first of all? Plus these same two items were shut down by ebay police earlier. And the 14 hour listing seems designed to fly under ebay police radar.

Offline javifast

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 07 June 2009, 00:39:40 »
Hi Webwit :)
I really hope to give good news soon and to tell you that I received the keyboard without problems. I think it's too little money to try to fool anyone. Tell you,...yes, I like the IBM keyboard, I already had one in Spanish. But I also like the Cherry brown ... Cherry blues. But the keyboard that I really want to achieve is a Unicomp UNI04C6, an IBM space saver keyboard that can be Spanish, while waiting for ... I could not resist bidding for this on the Ebay. Well, I hope to get lucky.
Too many keyboards....