Author Topic: I'm Lost Without LOST!  (Read 8704 times)

Offline lmnop

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 28 August 2010, 15:44:16 »
me too I love Dexter. House, Dexter and Stargate Universe are my shows this fall.

Offline didjamatic

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 28 August 2010, 16:44:14 »
Check out Weezer's new album: Hurley

IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline Lanx

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 29 August 2010, 13:04:15 »
I hope the new album has at least 2 good songs, weezer has been sucking since pinkerton, w/ 1 or 2 good songs per album instead of 90% of the album being good.

Offline didjamatic

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 31 August 2010, 12:21:08 »
I'm surprised LOST didn't come up with anything, though they did have plenty of bad acting from Jack, Sawyer characters and a others... but there were many incredible actors and other aspects of the show that I thought would get it something.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline Lanx

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 03:26:44 »
good lord, why would anybody watch the emmys? take out the parts w/ ricky G in the link that ripster posted and it makes you feel like stabbing out your eyes? idk how jimmy falon retains a job other than janitor, he's so in-funny i can't even say not, or un.
The only reason jimmy falon is still current and in the news is because.
1. conan said he wouldn't take back his slot from jimmy(so ppl go, jimmy has a show?)
2. jimmy actually demo'd a new gadget or 2(xbox kinect)
3. i really can't make up a third reason...

wow the last award in the clip for variety comedy? how the hell does saturday night even make it up there? sure they're a variety show but i don't think they've been funny since i was 7 and i learned what humour was. The only reason saturday night is current is cuz they're able to book the "celebrity of the day" as a music act/host.
Then you have a failed talk show that is only in the news cuz of how ravenous the internet is, i've watched conan since 96ish? off and on channel surfing. I think in maybe the 300 shows i've watched he might've been fun 3x. (i don't "watch" him he's just in the background while i web browse, etc)
And the last 3 shows are all political satire shows, which i believe is how many Americans obtain their current events/news. Aside from the absurdly stupid guests that real time sometimes has for it's panel (ashton kutcher 3x???, jeanie graffolo every other week@!!, random rapper 101) it's really consistently good.

I could see why lost didn't get nominated or won anything... because it was actually a decent show. Sure lots of times it was beyond horrible in back story (what do we do w/ these asians? i know lets just drown em to death), and the acting was so horrible at times, i didn't know you could actually hate 2 out of 3 main characters so much(jack, kate). but we all had our special character that we rooted for. (mine was a former lesbian ER psych, that got written off so she could star in her own horrible sci fi tv drama... don't you know? sci fi cannot exist outside of the syfy[spelled that way] channel)

Offline Half-Saint

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 01 September 2010, 04:29:54 »
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline instantkamera

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 07 November 2010, 17:01:32 »
Realforce 86UB - Razer Blackwidow - Dell AT101W - IBM model MCST  LtracX - Kensington Orbit - Logitech Trackman wheel opticalAMD PhenomII x6 - 16GB RAM - SSD - RAIDDell U2211H - Spyder3 - Eye One Display 2

Offline Lanx

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 07 November 2010, 22:39:25 »
the event is almost watchable, if they make the main guy and blond girl take acting lessons it could develop!

Offline zefrer

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 09:29:05 »
I'm still pissed about all the awesome cancelled shows due to 'bad ratings' on a Friday night when one does not include non-live watching.. Dollhouse, Sarah Connor Chronicles, now Caprica (not friday showing, I know).

Fox's Friday Night is where shows go to die.

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 14:08:29 »
Recently, I learned that there was a final episode filmed for Dollhouse that was never aired... which explained the whole premise of the second season. I learned about that episode due to a web search, because it happened to feature the otherwise famous actress we all remember from The Guild and that amazing music video therewith associated.

Basically, the network that commissioned the series was too cheap to pay for the extra episode needed for syndication to use it as, say, the pilot episode for the next season. I was just really disappointed when I heard this, despite not having watched that show.

And, of course, Star Trek in its third season went to Friday night on NBC to die as well, so it's an old tradition. The good shows die young, it seems.

Offline zefrer

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 09 November 2010, 14:14:34 »
Yes, that episode was on the DVD version of the final season if I remember right. It was never 'aired', doesn't mean you can't watch it :)

Offline 2084

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 11 November 2010, 10:47:07 »
The whole time I had the impression the producers concepted the whole thing but after seeing season 6, I felt being tricked. And they made up a quick 2-3 connections to old episodes and made a lame excuse for an ending.

Speaking of Sopranos end, I would have been extremely happy if they finished the show with the season 5 finale, bomb explosion -> fade to white - and let the viewers imagine for themselves

Offline Senor_Cartmenez

I'm Lost Without LOST!
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 12 November 2010, 04:59:31 »
Jericho was the most terrible cancel of all time in my book

Took two peanut actions just to get this show through season one and at least make season 2 have an ending, even though it was pre-mature.

Why? Escapes me, that show was brilliant and with a little higher budget man it could have been awesome!

If anyone here doesn't know it, go watch.