Author Topic: Yet Another Xarmor Bites The Dust  (Read 10114 times)

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
Yet Another Xarmor Bites The Dust
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 17:39:50 »
Quote from: ripster;343806
This Jawbone Jam OTOH is a QUALITY made product.

You picked the wrong company for your analogy ripster. I've owned three Jawbone earpieces and they were all fragile pieces of ****.

Aleph/Jawbone makes impressive products that break and fail within days of opening the package.  If the ear wire doesn't snap, then the chassis comes apart making it impossible to recharge earpiece. If you complain about failures on their forums, they erase your posts even when you use civil language. If you call sales about new ear wires they tell you they stopped making them (without waiting 7 years after the product stopped shipping, violating California law, but that's another story) because they broke too easily and then try to offer you 5% off their latest piece of **** earpiece.

Not that I have any baggage about the Aleph/Jawbone company, or anything. No way; I'm impartial. I'm like ripster. I evaluate products only on personal experience [strike]and not because I read some teenager's rant on OCN[/strike]. Therefore all Jawbone products are manufactured feces. Thumbs down.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 May 2011, 17:42:10 by ricercar »
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 22:40:56 »
Quote from: ripster;344070
I mention that the keys are all the same profile on each row instead of "sculpted" like every other mechanical keyboard I know of.

So this why you don't consider the Deck in the mechanical backlit options.

Dude you're a tough customer.

The Solutor is to XArmor what I am for Deck. I love them unconditionally even if they are butt ugly... Decks are as robust as mechanical board can get and they do their primary functions flawlessly years after years.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline audioave10

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 09 May 2011, 23:21:54 »

I really like my Deck (bad picture). I'm not a true typist so the font doesn't bother me. Only 3 keys (capslock, tab, control) that have a little backlight bleeding.
It is a tank and I've gamed on it for over a year now. It still looks the same as the day I bought it. The ***** WAS $180 delivered from Performance PC.
They at least double-packaged it.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 01:01:40 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;344178

Decks are as robust as mechanical board can get and they do their primary functions flawlessly years after years.

I'm not in a nuclear refuge, so I think that the primary function of a keyboard is to be handy, nice to type on, with good ergonomics and last but not least good looking. Durability is obviously appreciated but is not a basic requirement until I'm stuck in a nuclear refuge.

The price is also a main parameter, because w/o consider it durability means noting: do you think that a single filco will last more than two (half priced) ducky ? Or more than 10 decent rubber domes ?

Frankly, our love for the mechs has noting to do with durability. Perhaps durability of cherry boards in general is another urban legend. They can be easily fixed, thats all, but be sure that a good rubber dome keyboard will last longer than any cherry
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 01:22:50 »
Quote from: ripster;344253
I think the most important thing for a backlit keyboard is for the keys to stay lit up.

So, just buy a sidewinder X6 it has only a dozen of leds, and being few they are likely high quality leds and cost 1/3 of a legend or 1/2 of an Xarmor.
The problem with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are true  (Abraham Lincoln)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 08:11:59 »
Quote from: The Solutor;344247
The primary function of a keyboard is to be handy, nice to type on, with good ergonomics and last but not least good looking. Durability is obviously appreciated but is not a basic requirement until I'm stuck in a nuclear refuge.

I can't find when Deck started backlit keyboards (2004ish maybe). Anyway I got my first in 2005. It is handy, nice to type on, ergonomics is debatable. This is a gaming keyboard, so I'd say with MX Black you are dead on ergonomics. All the leds are still bright (even too bright for my taste, I don't pump them all up).

Butt ugly is not nice, they use weird fonts. Back then it was the only choice and as of today, they are still the only ones making nuclear proof, baseball proof, bullet proof, Super Hero Approved keyboards. Even old, they can still kick Chuck Norris ass.

Don't mess with my Deck or your sorry XArmor arse will regret it ;-)

OH I forgot the most important - THE KEY STAY LIT UP reboots after reboots after reboots.

If you want something rugged, don't buy the ones that sounds tough (wishful thinking XArmor).

I have balls of steel and my Deck is bigger than yours.
Bend over XArmor ;-)
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 08:18:26 »
Quote from: audioave10;344197
It still looks the same as the day I bought it. The ***** WAS $180 delivered from Performance PC.
They at least double-packaged it.

Oh you just remind me something. When I got my second one delivered. It was not double-packaged and the box was in horrible condition. I thought the Deck was going to be broken in pieces. I was scare to open it and see how badly dammaged it was going to be. Hell, it was squeaky clean. All in one working piece and still rocking today as good as new.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Xibal

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 08:43:56 »
too much testosterone for you guys

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #108 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:00:23 »
@ ripster

how is the battery life on the jawbone?

I am looking for a speaker for my mbpro
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:07:53 »
I have always been sceptical on bluetooth devices since my sh!tty bluetooth headphones.

thx for input though

guess i am getting the x-mini
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #110 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:10:57 »
Quote from: ripster;344360
I hate buying Cheap Ugly Stuff

So why you bought that HP joke instead of a decent one like the X120e ?

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #111 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:12:49 »
Quote from: noodles256;344357
@ ripster

how is the battery life on the jawbone?

I am looking for a speaker for my mbpro

Kind of a Deck... Ugly, expensive and Extremely good - Plantronic Voyager Pro.
I tried so many headset, its not funny. Including the jawbone (which is very very good if you use it in quiet places)
The Voyager Pro works well in Airports and other noisy places. Sounds cristal clear both ways.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:19:35 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;344370
Kind of a Deck... Ugly, expensive and Extremely good - Plantronic Voyager Pro.
I tried so many headset, its not funny. Including the jawbone (which is very very good if you use it in quiet places)
The Voyager Pro works well in Airports and other noisy places. Sounds cristal clear both ways.

http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/voyager-pro

thx man?

yes
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:28:31 »
ive been reading reviews on it, I have only seen a couple who complain about it and that is usually because it breaks after a few uses.

I am probably gonna end up getting the jawbone, it looks smexyy
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:29:08 »
Quote from: ripster;344375
Jawbones are good because they use proprietary noise cancellation technology from military R&D.

Right, just like the Hummer. Except the GM you and I can buy is no better than the XArmor.

My boss told me once... Man don't wear this thing in front of me (Voyager-Pro), it's offensive.
He was kidding of course, but just to tell you how ugly this thing is.

But... Better noise cancellation than the JB and longer battery life. Two critical factors for me.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #115 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 09:40:41 »
Right, just like the Hummer

Good analogy. The worst example of American design, the worst example of pointless vehicle (if used not for military purposes), a good example of environmental disaster.

Deck legend miss just the environmental disaster part. Look at the photo of it side by side with the model M. The latter looks like an object from the future

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 12:41:21 »
Quote from: noodles256;344380
ive been reading reviews on it, I have only seen a couple who complain about it and that is usually because it breaks after a few uses.

At least Jawbone is consistent across product lines.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 16:51:15 »
Quote from: ripster;344411
Xarmor.  It's a Trap.

You guys are hilarious.  If you had stopped responding 10 pages ago this thread would be deader than a Xarmor LED.

LoL you bet :-)

Just debating for the fun of it. Meanwhile I hope Solutor is getting a commission on every pro XArmor posts he makes. I say he's producing over 90% of positive XArmor presence/PR on the Internet.

:-)

If anyone is hiring, I highly recommend Solutor as senior product representative.
Taking a product like the XArmor and making it sounds good is a tour de force. It didn't even seam a challenge for him.

I drink to that.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 18:37:26 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;344610
LoL you bet :-)

Just debating for the fun of it. Meanwhile I hope Solutor is getting a commission on every pro XArmor posts he makes. I say he's producing over 90% of positive XArmor presence/PR on the Internet.

:-)

If anyone is hiring, I highly recommend Solutor as senior product representative.
Taking a product like the XArmor and making it sounds good is a tour de force. It didn't even seam a challenge for him.

I drink to that.

Come back back to the planet earth please.

And realize that someone here is just looking for a good, modern, keyboard.

Realize also that someone is not interested in pointless, fetishistic, collecting manias.

I use ONE PC, and ONE keyboard, and I couldn't care less if you are rich enough, or stupid enough (or both) to put your hands in every keyboard you can find over the internet.

I'm interested in keyboards, as I'm interested in PCs in general, HIFI, cellphones and smartphones, android, linux and so on.

So may I speck about the keyboard I selected after a reasonably long period of time, after a mistake, and after the time and money spent to get a decent feedback from a cherry board ?

May I enjoy my keyboard w/o having to hear a bunch of pointless comments like your last one ?

May I share my knowledge and/or my preferences, as I did in the last 15 years, or I have to spend 1500$ in stone age keyboards before starting to post ?

Really you should learn that if you want the respect for your position you shout start to respect the position of other people.

And you should start to understand when you are too close to the border that divides jokes from stupid/boring sentences.

Do you like Decks or Filcos? It's ok for me.

I never criticized your choices, I've never opened pointless threads, even if I think that a 160 euro basic keyboard that hardly manages to have better legends than a 2.5$ one is not a smart buy.
I've never opened pointless threads about Deck legends, even if I consider it incredibly overpriced, poor featured, and ugly looking.
I've never opened pointless threads about Topres, even if I consider incredibly stupid to spend 280$ for a rubber dome keyboard.

Is too much for you to give the same respect you had ?
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2011, 18:41:24 by The Solutor »

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 20:11:59 »
Quote from: The Solutor;344636
Is too much for you to give the same respect you had ?

Maybe it's my foreign accent. Something got lost in translation.

I didn't mean any disrespect. In the contrary, my last post was an ode tinted with humor to your XArmor passion.

For $135 I expect more than what the XArmor has to offer. The weakest link being the stabilizer system which is the single most important reason it fails (IMHO).

Ripster is right, if it wasn't for us two relentlessly replying to each other. The XArmor would be dead and forgotten in a blink of an eye. We are making XArmor history…

You should be proud and thank me for giving you so many opportunities to promote the brand you like so much.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline Xibal

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 20:14:11 »
That's the issue isn't it on these forums, you have such chauvinistic egoists proclaiming X Brand keyboard is the word of God and any other brand other than X is considered blasphemy. This is the sole reason I don't recommend mechanical keyboards to my other friends, to save them the trouble of such arrogance in these threads. I now regret buying a mech keyboard, not becuase of the keyboard itself, by the community behind it, with the excpetion of the The Solutor, seems his the only one posting respectful comments while ripster and Bucklingsping just wishes to enforce their ideals.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 20:17:27 »
Quote from: Xibal;344676
That's the issue isn't it on these forums, you have such chauvinistic egoists proclaiming X Brand keyboard is the word of God and any other brand other than X is considered blasphemy. This is the sole reason I don't recommend mechanical keyboards to my other friends, to save them the trouble of such arrogance in these threads. I now regret buying a mech keyboard, not becuase of the keyboard itself, by the community behind it, with the excpetion of the The Solutor, seems his the only one posting respectful comments while ripster and Bucklingsping just wishes to enforce their ideals.

I forgot owning a mech keyboard entitles you to a mandatory geekhack membership. What do I get for a topre board?
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 20:35:23 »
The Solutor, seems his the only one posting respectful comments while ripster and Bucklingsping just wishes to enforce their ideals.

Ouch... Due to popular demand, I resign.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:13:37 »
It's nice to see how a childish user like you can turn a thread about how usb 1 MB aret keep up with the specs in to another Xarmor related post.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 10:27:56 »
Quote from: The Solutor;353138
It's nice to see how a childish user like you can turn a thread about how usb 1 MB aret keep up with the specs in to another Xarmor related post.

I just want to make sure I'm not Urban Legendized. What's wrong with the XArmor USB ports?
Did the kid fried the USB controller by plugging a custom made USB cigarette lighter in it?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline sndstrm

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 11:26:08 »
:pop2:

This is the sole reason I don't recommend mechanical keyboards to my other friends, to save them the trouble of such arrogance in these threads. I now regret buying a mech keyboard, not becuase of the keyboard itself, by the community behind it, ...

Some serious keyboard drama going on here.  Who knew there was such a thing.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 May 2011, 11:29:44 by sndstrm »
rm -Rf /*

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 11:57:41 »
Quote from: ripster;353173
"You are only young once, but you can stay immature idefinitely."

You are the living evidence of the correctness of this sentence.:smokin:

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:16:26 »
Quote from: sndstrm;353172
Some serious keyboard drama going on here.  Who knew there was such a thing.

Put a Lover and a bunch of haters in the same room and guess what you get...
You don't need to be Oprah or Springer to figure that one out. :-)
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:24:30 »
anyone else here thinks Xarmor sucks?

and yellow keys are gross?
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:42:33 »
more like yellow leds
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 13:02:33 »
its hard to be good
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline Mitchellderp

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 13:45:41 »
Oh Ripster... you dirty american.

Thank god I didn't buy an Xarmour then.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #132 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:24:31 »
Quote from: noodles256;353205
anyone else here thinks Xarmor sucks?

Xarmor is the best backlit keyboard out there at least until 3/06 when the sister Qpad one will be out with the correct enter key.

and yellow keys are gross?

Yellow things usually works better, its a my completely unscientific rule always confirmed by practice in the last 20 years.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:27:43 »
Quote from: Mitchellderp;353256
Oh Ripster... you dirty american.

don't wonder about the opinion about Americans outside the US borders, then...

Lot of brainy people in the US, but the dumb ones are just noisier.

Offline noodles256

• le legendary
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:31:39 »
i had an xarmor, and it broke before i received it
AF | Ducky YOTD |

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:44:31 »
Quote from: ripster;353290
You jelly because we took out Osama while your prime minister is relegated to looking for a Home For Gaddaffi?

You are jelly just because my keyboards glows while yours becomes unreadable even in the sun light after three months :wave:

P.S. i got yesterday a BL82 it arrived with three  faulty switches, and backlit not working, that's what I call build quality, at least I got a partial refund.

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:55:59 »
Quote from: ripster;353308
But you probably bought used off of Ebay, correct?

Correct, obviously.

You noticed I haven't opened a zillions of threads about the TG3 poor quality ?

I just get a refund, as a replacement vast not a viable option due to the shipment cost, and I repaired it.

After all this site should be called geeckhack and not lazypussies for a reason...

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:58:24 »
I think overlit keyboards are due a comeback any day now,

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 15:00:55 »
lazypussies is actually kinda catchy...have to check register.com if that's available...

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 15:03:44 »
Quote from: ch_123;353311
I think overlit keyboards are due a comeback any day now,

I did it also.

http://www.overclock.net/keyboards/974325-poormans-baclit-black-widow.html

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 15:07:30 »
Quote from: ripster;353313

The kind of even lighting only PhotoShop can bring.

That's pretty obvious.

This is actually a photo of a turned off keyboard, colorized in postproduction.

You will see that this shade of gerren hardly can be obtained from a real LED.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 15:40:47 »
Quote from: The Solutor;353284
Xarmor is the best backlit keyboard out there at least until 3/06 when the sister Qpad one will be out with the correct enter key.

There is something missing - Best ... According to your standards.

We don't want to start Urban Legends don't we?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 15:49:35 »
Quote from: ripster;353202
Oprah>Jerry Springer

That contest was won LONG ago.

Usually it's the Germans that are surly to me.

Which team won the contest?
Is it XArmor Sucks or XArmor Best Backlit?

I'm not that black and white, but if you force me to choose, I vote for Sucks.
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 09:39:37 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;353329
Which team won the contest?
Is it XArmor Sucks or XArmor Best Backlit?

I'm not that black and white, but if you force me to choose, I vote for Sucks.

My XArmor sucks best of all backlits. No teeth and plenty of lips.

Offline redpill

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 09:56:30 »
If they could just figure out how to do blacklight LEDs, then make keycaps made of mildly radioactive vaseline glass, we'd really have something nifty.

^ Current Favorite ^  Topre Realforce 87UB 55g  |  Topre Realforce 103UB 55g | KBC Poker/Browns/Sanded KeycapsDucky 1087 | Filco MajesFoam-2 | IBM Model M 1390131 Feb '87 | Still Love: Microsoft Trackball Explorer x3 | Now Unused:  Microsoft Natural Ergo 4k x2

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 11:53:46 »
Quote from: ripster;353647
I'd buy the new Ducky Backlit first.

That's how bad the Xarmor is.

Are you in touch with Mionix? Any chance you get a Zibal 60 early?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 12:01:19 »
Quote from: ripster;353690
Nah, I prefer not to be biased.  The Ducky guys for instance offered to send me a keyboard to review but the Ducky lulz opportunity was too good to pass up.

When will you get the Backlit Ducky?

Do they use yellow leds?
Boards I own, click ->
More

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 12:51:09 »
Quote from: BucklingSpring;353684
Any chance you get a Zibal 60 early?

Buy a TT G1 and make it backlit yourself

Offline The Solutor

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 12:57:18 »
Quote from: ripster;353690
Nah, I prefer not to be biased.

Hahahahhahhahha

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 02 June 2011, 12:34:14 »
Quote from: ripster;354700
Hmm...

Wobbly stabilizers.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Combined with uber thin plastic stem under the keycaps, this is the perfect combo for early failure.

Thanks for sharing. This video really shows the beast for what it is.
Boards I own, click ->
More