Author Topic: Is this cheap? Topre 104U  (Read 6334 times)

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
Is this cheap? Topre 104U
« on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 08:46:52 »
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=18676

They're having sell, and it's selling for 199$ AUD. I'm thinking to grab one.  :p
The Cheat - B/R/B ; Clear switch with 62g springs

quit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
Re: Is this cheap? Topre 104U
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 08:56:27 »
probably they can't sell the white ones :) also I've heard here on GH that new models are coming

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 09:01:14 »
probably they can't sell the white ones :) also I've heard here on GH that new models are coming

That makes sense! Hahahaha. Thanks!

quit

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 09:04:54 »
it's a great price btw

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 09:22:37 »
Hmmm, thinking of getting it. Haha, never own a Topre before.

quit

Offline nar

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 12:08:55 »

That makes sense! Hahahaha. Thanks!

It actually doesn't... because these are the new models, you can't even get these on EK yet.

I'd say buy it now.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 01 September 2012, 12:23:05 »
oh they are the new models already? Good to know

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 07:31:43 »
I thought only the full size RFs were being updated (ie. the addition of a right side windows key).  The 87u and ub are not getting updated?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mickd

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 08:16:01 »
I've never been more tempted in my life.. I just don't like the look of the realforce keyboards... but at this price...

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 20:39:24 »
These are great boards. I got a black one a couple months back when they were this price last time. It is an excellent price, definitely worth it.
As mentioned above, these are the new model 104u, they have the second windows key, veruses the old 103u model.
I am very happy with mine, I'd say if you're tempted, go for it! :)
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 21:13:07 »
These are great boards. I got a black one a couple months back when they were this price last time. It is an excellent price, definitely worth it.

I think they're only selling out the White Realforce 104U Keyboard for $199.00AUD.  But I have to get one after all, I lost another one today.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2012, 21:16:30 by Elrick »

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 22:29:33 »
Yeah it is just the white one that's on special, but if I didn't have the black one already I'd definitely pick a white one up.

If only they would get all 45g 87U's in... (probably best for my bank account that they don't though!)
Metal Grey LZ-GH - 62g Clears | White HHKB Pro2 |KBC Poker - Lubed Reds w/ Plate and Red Imsto case | Duck PokerCM QuickFire Rapid - Blues w/ red case

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:32:21 »
Yeah it is just the white one that's on special, but if I didn't have the black one already I'd definitely pick a white one up.

If only they would get all 45g 87U's in... (probably best for my bank account that they don't though!)

I think the PCCG topre's aren't selling well, except maybe when they drop it to a decent $199.00, then it's worth it.  Who knows how long they will indeed be distributors for it here in Australia.

I just want some more white keys to furnish another black TKL.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 00:35:33 »
I might probably pick it up, never had a Topre before. :)

quit

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:01:00 »
Yeah, I don't think they would be sell too well considering their price, most people wouldn't even think about it lol. But they are worth it.
They said they aren't going to get any other models like the uniform weighted ones because they are niche products, and I'm assuming that the variables weren't selling well enough for it to be viable for them to introduce new models.
I'm just hoping that they aren't planning on getting rid of them for good once they sell out.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:21:55 »
Yeah, I don't think they would be sell too well considering their price, most people wouldn't even think about it lol. But they are worth it.

I'm just hoping that they aren't planning on getting rid of them for good once they sell out.

When I last spoke with "Dave" at PCCG he said even when we do the price cut, we're lucky to sell only a small hand full - three or four.

It sounded like they were stuck with DEAD stock that moves like a punch-drunk snail.  Hence I too doubt that PCCG wants to hang onto this model range with such low sales compared to Filco's, Leopold's, Ducky's and Razer.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 01:24:10 by Elrick »

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 07:20:37 »
Yeah I guess that's true.

Not enough people in Australia know about the goodness that is topre!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 20:44:35 »
Yeah I guess that's true.

Not enough people in Australia know about the goodness that is topre!

Yeah, and it's another 99.998 percent who have never heard of Geekhack as well .........go figure.  We are stuck in a country that is so ignorant and apathetic when it comes to mechanical keyboards.  :-[
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 September 2012, 20:47:05 by Elrick »

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 23:30:33 »
Yep, and that combined with ridiculous shipping costs makes it quite hard to get good stuff here

Offline mickd

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 23:53:43 »
When I went to WCS Australia (Starcraft 2 tournament), about 75% of the players were using a mechanical keyboard :) And most the mech keyboards were Filcos too.

Offline akuJIWA

• Lock 'N Load!
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 02:13:13 »
When I went to WCS Australia (Starcraft 2 tournament), about 75% of the players were using a mechanical keyboard :) And most the mech keyboards were Filcos too.

Yeah, I went to a few tournaments, and most of them were using Filco, SS 6gv2. :/

quit

Offline Caaaarrrt

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 17:37:39 »
Yeah, I've heard Starcraft 2 players often use mechanicals, I guess it could give them a slight advantage, never played it though so I'm not really sure.

I guess they would use Filcos because they are the best with Cherry MX switches and SS 6gv2 because they were sponsered by steelseries and got it for free? lol

Offline nar

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 10:14:12 »
Yeah, I've heard Starcraft 2 players often use mechanicals, I guess it could give them a slight advantage, never played it though so I'm not really sure.

I guess they would use Filcos because they are the best with Cherry MX switches and SS 6gv2 because they were sponsered by steelseries and got it for free? lol

For those who aren't sponsored by a keyboard maker/don't care anyways (Boxer, Flash etc...) they seem to use either Filcos, nKeyboard Mechanics (Korean Filco Clone, I believe designed for the express purpose of giving FruitDealer back in the day a korean made keyboard that he would use instead of a Filco) and good old DT35s. Otherwise they seem to mostly just use whatever the sponsors give them, SS 6gv2, Razer Blackwidow, Razer Marauder, Zowie Celeritas etc...
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline scytheR

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 09:11:30 »
haha, im happy to say i purchased that. :) it feels so good! i was going to wait and get a ducky shine 2 but at that price i just paid a little more to get something more enjoyable to type with. To be honest i purchased a filco majestouch (1) a year ago, s key broke in a week. sent it back for $45, x key broke in 3 days. Wasn't going to buy mech ever again until  i get a job a few months ago. Decided to splurge. Didn't regret it.

I don't know whether i should buy keycaps now.. it's expensive but its very tempting..
Topre 104UW XF01T0 white (default keycaps, soon to attack the market (and my wallet) | Filco Majestouch 104 mx brown FKB104M/EB

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 13 September 2012, 09:27:11 »
Topre keycaps are worth it for Helvetica, dyesub, feel, looks, and durability.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline zzAaron

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 15 September 2012, 14:17:42 »

except for that damned space bar
Ducky 9008G2 Browns, White Filco TKL Reds

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: Is this cheap? Topre 104U
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 15 September 2012, 16:10:06 »

Surely blanks?!

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
Re: Re: Is this cheap? Topre 104U
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 15 September 2012, 16:44:27 »
yep and im trying to get a GB togther for some for cherry keyboards.