Author Topic: Looking for some side printed keycaps  (Read 4039 times)

Offline laotian

Looking for some side printed keycaps
« on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 23:06:03 »
I recently received the CM Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Brown & Tenkeyless) and now I'm looking for some side printed keycaps.  Im on a low budget so I would probably get an ABS keycaps.  I probably won't notice the difference between the ABS and PBT.  I don't like the look of my current keycaps that came with the keyboard and the lettering on the keycaps are slightly annoying when touching them.

Also If I were to buy a set of keycaps for my tenkeyless keyboard, how many keycaps would I actually need?

Thanks for reading this.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Re: Looking for some side printed keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 September 2012, 23:09:49 »
you would notice the difference, the only ABS worth buying are doubleshots. we didn't just make all that up.

anyways ebay
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 01:06:27 »
Get some pbt from qtan

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 01:11:32 »

Also If I were to buy a set of keycaps for my tenkeyless keyboard, how many keycaps would I actually need?

TKL are 87 all up aren't they? So I guess it depends if you were wanting to replace every single key or just same the keys with letters on them.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 18:26:29 »
Get some pbt from qtan
QFT.

You can get side printed keycaps from ebay really cheap (like $20 or so maybe)? but they're pretty low quality. I would recommend getting decent PBT sets from Qtan or feng. They're pretty cheap, for PBT.
http://www.vendio.com/stores/E-sports-Gaming-equipments/category?right_searchString=side&searchString=side

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:53:17 »
i was in the same boat a few weeks ago. i think the best looking fonts for side printed caps are the filco ninjas. i managed to find two sets pretty easily from other members who swapped out their keys right after buying their filcos. i have a topre board coming soon, so i might sell my ninja key caps if i dont keep my qf rapid. ill keep you posted.

sorry for the crappy cell phone photo, only thing i have on me at work right now.