Author Topic: What happened to all the Filco boards with blue cherry mx?  (Read 1564 times)

Offline m00nshake

What happened to all the Filco boards with blue cherry mx?
« on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 12:49:01 »
I remember that Amazon had a Filco Ninja with blue cherry mx but now it is listed as unavailable. If I remember correctly, they had a camo Filco with blue switch as well, but no longer. In fact, none of the Filco boards on amazon have a blue switch. I know that Rosewill still has one and there's still WASD and CM QF Rapid, but I wonder what happened with Filco. I wanted to get a white Filco with blue switches and was surprised that they only have brown, black, and red. I'm sure blues are still fairly popular with some so it's a tad baffling. Any ideas?
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline p.s.

• * Vendor
Re: What happened to all the Filco boards with blue cherry mx?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 12:55:06 »
So popular that they are sold out everywhere.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
my vendor sub-forum for  selling all KBC, KBT, Vortex prodcuts: http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=34366.0

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 12:55:38 »
I think someone else was running into the same problem a while ago.  I have no idea why, but one thing to note is that at Amazon the Filco boards are from The Keyboard Co, and if you go directly to their website (keyboardco.com), they do list some USA boards with "click action"

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:05:01 »
NCIX.COM recently received couple containers of Filco's. They also have a good selection

If interrested in Filco's with blue MX then follow the link
http://ncix.com/search/?categoryid=0&q=filco+blue
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:18:48 »
Thanks for the heads up but this is the Canadian site. Will they even ship to the US?
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:24:21 »
If Keyboard Co somehow loses distributorship for the US, then maybe.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:28:41 »
If Keyboard Co somehow loses distributorship for the US, then maybe.

I really wanted a white Filco w/ blue mx but it looks like they only make red, brown, black in the white case for full decks. To be honest with you, I'm about keyboarded out at the moment. I've got a Ducky Shine II on the way, I've already got an Italian Red Filco, a Das, and a Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring on the way. I might just hold out for a bit... even though I still keep debating it because I love the white case on the Filco.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 19:35:47 »
 :eek:  Let that haul come in dude!  Take a breather!

Offline m00nshake

Re: Re: What happened to all the Filco boards with blue cherry mx?
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 20 September 2012, 20:15:50 »
:eek:  Let that haul come in dude!  Take a breather!

Good advice. Thanks for that. :)