Author Topic: Good mouse for fingertip/claw hybrid? Or a trackball?  (Read 2809 times)

Offline SpartanD63

Good mouse for fingertip/claw hybrid? Or a trackball?
« on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 19:05:08 »
I currently have a G500, but its shape is wrong and it feels too heavy.  My hands are just about the right size to "palm" the G500, but I actually find the palm grip to be a bit weird. :rolleyes:

I fingertip about 60% of the time. claw about 30%, and palm less than 10%.

I am looking at a G9x, Xornet, or even a trackball... I don't game all too often but for when I do, I would like something that does at least decently well...

Any suggestions?

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
Re: Good mouse for fingertip/claw hybrid? Or a trackball?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 00:30:56 »
Well, Im actually quite the computer peripheral enthusiast and that being said, I've had quite a few gaming mice these past few years. I was exclusively a Razer fan for the longest of time, and still, for ANY MMO I would hands down reccomend, insist rather, on the Naga. I had recently been looking into something more of a FPS/all around mouse for a brand new PC I built and ended up, after reading and watching numerous reviews, getting the SteelSeries Sensei. Pretty cool "looking" mouse, and it does actually pack quite a few features. However, after a month of usage, I've noticed it's a little too palmy for me (I'd describe myself as a 75% Claw Gripper and the remaining divided between Palm and Finger tip) and the pressure needed to depress the mouse buttons felt... weird. A little too strained if you will. Also, my fairly large hands kept hitting the awfully placed mouse side buttons. SO, three days ago I purchased the Logitech G9X you're looking at. I've never been a Logitech fanboy, but I'll be damned if it isn't, all things considered, the best all-around/ comfortable/ utilitarian gaming mouse I've ever used. The customizability is immense, and between the two "shells" they give you, I'm sure youd find your match for your grip style. I use the fat standard shell, as opposed to the skinny one. The button placement is excellent and I have yet to hit a button by mistake. I initially thought logitech's weird scroll wheel locking/unlocking mechanism was a gimmick, but it's probably one of the most useful innovations on a mouse I've seen. My favorite part, though, is the on the fly DPI toggle switch, it's absolutely a godsend, especially for making sniper shots in a FPS. So, for what it's worth, there's my hands on/ real life testimonial =]