Author Topic: Ducky Shine 2 help  (Read 1526 times)

Offline StatutoryApe

Ducky Shine 2 help
« on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 22:08:16 »
So I've been wanting a mechanical keyboard for a long time now and have just started looking into them again, I've settled on the ducky shine 2.. I see that it just came out, I want the green led with browns but I can't find them anywhere. On mechanicalkeyboards.com mx browns are sold out in every color. They're available on pccasegear.com but they only ship to australia, I have a friend there that could ship it to me as a last case scenario...

anyways, is there another site I'm unaware of that has them in stock?

Anyone know when they may restock?

I went to the store today and was looking at some keyboards, I looked at an mx black and didn't think it took too much pressure, I did like it but I like the sound of the tactile feedback... but I suppose I could just get the black one

well thank you in advance!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb

Offline StatutoryApe

Re: Ducky Shine 2 help
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 September 2012, 23:35:34 »
I saw that site earlier, is it safe? mywot.com ratings for the site is about 50% and looking around people are saying it's kind of shady... but if it's recommended here I'll trust you guys.

Thank you for your response.

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 01:26:33 »
I got my Noppoo there!

I believe that the mywot ratings are referring to the Vendio hosting service in general, as opposed to any particular store on the service. I've never used any other Vendio-hosted stores, so I can't make any general comments about them, but the particular store in that link is known and trusted here.

Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline pasph

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 02:10:43 »
I've bougth various item from Qtan, highly recommended
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 05:26:04 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

If the Shine II green LEDs are anything like the Shine 1 green LEDs, mine is quite relaxing to look at :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline StatutoryApe

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 September 2012, 13:59:26 »
Thanks a bunch guys, I ended up going through that site. I'm excited for it to come! It looks amazing!

Offline StatutoryApe

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 16:37:42 »
Just wondering from someone that has purchased through this site/him,  what are the shipping times like? I placed the order sunday but dont see a status change yet. I paid for expedited shipping hoping it would be fast. I understand it's coming from China and will take more time though.... just wondering.... thank you.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 October 2012, 18:55:45 »
Send mechanicalkeyboards an email. They sometimes move shelf stock to their eStore to accommodate customers.

Good luck.
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)