Author Topic: Can someone outline ALL the differences between the Poker Race and Pure?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
I know this is a contextually noobish question, but if there's a spreadsheet or chart out there I would be very interested. Layout, key size, other features. Anything that sets each one apart.

Offline Mainian

Re: Can someone outline ALL the differences between the Poker Race and Pure?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 14:23:27 »
People probably feel you should google this...

They are two different layout's.

The Race is similar to Noppoo Choc Mini while the Pure is similar to KBC Poker.

The pure's have smaller layout than the Race and less keys; therefore, they have many more function keys to retain the functionality of an 87 key keyboard. Also, if you were to take a regular 104/105 keyboard, the Race would be like taking the main arrow of keys and putting them on a board (no num pay / F keys / home/end and scroll lock sections). Instead, all these keys have their functionally remapped to the main keys and a function key is added.

The Race is more or less an 87 key keyboard in a smaller and more condensed layout. I believe the keys are smaller (this is what reviews told me).

If bought a Pure, you'd have to learn the function keys, but everything else is the same. If you bought a Race, you'd have smaller keys and need to learn a new modified layout (not really that modified).