Author Topic: Question about these caps! :D  (Read 1667 times)

Offline rtop2

Question about these caps! :D
« on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 05:50:32 »
Hey guys, new guy here, just purchased myself a CM Quickfire Rapid after owning a Xarmour UB9l or whatever for a couple years and it going bad on me :/. Want to go for a black on black look on the CM Rapid and found this set online :

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=69

Would these caps fit the board or should I be looking for something different? Also, in general, what do you think about the quality of the caps I posted? I know Ducky is a pretty reputable brand, but how are these caps they made specifically? Thanks for any and all input, I appreciate it. :D

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
Re: Question about these caps! :D
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 06:31:45 »
I'm sure they'll fit fine. Do note that from my experience, the keycaps on the cmstorm qfr has a slightly higher profile as compared to the other keycaps. So I think those may be a little lower by 1-2mm

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 10:33:31 »
Ducky and CM use the same OEM profile. Asides from one being pbt and the other abs they are probably made in same factory. The set is 100% compatible, nothing to worry about there.

Offline rtop2

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 15:50:28 »
Awesome, that is great news! Now are there any black on black keycaps that I should look at instead of these or are these recommended?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 06 October 2012, 16:01:21 »
They are the exact same as the KBC ones, which is pretty much the only other 'option' so whichever has a better price. If you were interested in other colors there are some other options like the thick Cherry profile sets, but not with black currently.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 11:20:52 »
Media function buttons wont line up, if you care. Personally I'd rather have no media icons than have ones on the wrong keys.