Author Topic: After a small mech keyboard. [UK]  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
After a small mech keyboard. [UK]
« on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 16:23:30 »
Hi folks.

After spending a while lurking and the occasional few posts, I bought a Filco Majestouch 2 earlier this year.
I really like it and will certainly never use rubber dome again, although I still quite like certain scissor switched boards.

As I have a full size Filco I'd quite like to go to the opposite end of the size scale and get a very small keyboard.

I'm thinking either a Poker, Noppoo choc mini, or a KBT race.

Backlighting is not needed but I would like to get brown this time over blues and I will probably be changing the keycaps to a White/green mix or a Cream cheese set if I can get hold of one for a good price.

I know I can get hold of a KBT race in the UK and maybe a Noppoo choc mini but I have no idea where I'd be able to get hold of a poker for a reasonable price.

Any other suggestions or advice?
Currently Using: Corsair K65 (MX Reds)
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?"

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: After a small mech keyboard. [UK]
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 17:52:05 »
You just missed Poker groupbuy. Other than that there is pretty much only used market now. You could get a Pure instead, or maybe a Keycool 84 instead of Race or Choc?

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 07 October 2012, 19:08:08 »
You just missed Poker groupbuy.
Doh, just noticed.
Other than that there is pretty much only used market now. You could get a Pure instead, or maybe a Keycool 84 instead of Race or Choc?
I do like the look of the pure. The problem is, being in the UK, I get slapped with a massive import fee on virtually anything and I'm really struggling to find any of the above in the UK.
Own: IBM Model M | Logitech Illuminated | Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blues) [Waiting for Toxic] | Cherry D-91275

Offline stingrae

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 06:18:56 »
You just missed Poker groupbuy.
Doh, just noticed.
Other than that there is pretty much only used market now. You could get a Pure instead, or maybe a Keycool 84 instead of Race or Choc?
I do like the look of the pure. The problem is, being in the UK, I get slapped with a massive import fee on virtually anything and I'm really struggling to find any of the above in the UK.
:o I haven't had that and I bought my choc mini from qtan (when I was in the UK)...
Filco Ninja Tenkeyless  -Noppoo Choc MiniCm Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline asura

• not a duck
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 07:09:35 »
VAT and handling charges seem to be almost randomly applied to parcels coming into the UK - I did have to pay on the Pure I got from the USA, and on some fans, but haven't had to pay on some CD's and other things...

There are various Pure's on amazon - but not a non-LED blue, which was what I wanted...

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 11:47:34 »
There are various Pure's on amazon - but not a non-LED blue, which was what I wanted...

I'm after a NON-LED brown myself and there don't seem to be any.

Offline justin one

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 14:54:28 »
There are still some Pokers w/ black switches and PBT keycaps on www.mechanicalkeyboards.com. It's very specific so it might not be what you want.
[ KBC Poker ] [ Ducky DK9087 ]

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 17:15:49 »
I think I've narrowed it down to the KBT pure 60% without backlighting, or the Poker.

I'm going to give it some time and see if I can find one to buy in the UK as importing is a right pain here.

Offline osxoep

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 18:06:28 »
I think I've narrowed it down to the KBT pure 60% without backlighting, or the Poker.

I'm going to give it some time and see if I can find one to buy in the UK as importing is a right pain here.

There was a non-led version with brown switches from this guy but it seems to have gone now. There's a non-led red left though.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline Lorem-Ipsum

• (╯°□°)╯︵ɯnsdı-ɯǝɹoן
    • mattwall.co.uk/
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 19:48:05 »

There was a non-led version with brown switches from this guy but it seems to have gone now. There's a non-led red left though.

I'm tempted but I'm unsure whether reds would suit my typing style. I would just go for it but as I'm a student I have limited funds and so I don't want to buy something I might later regret.

Offline naisanza

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 12:39:58 »

I'm after a NON-LED brown myself and there don't seem to be any.

Have you looked on mechanicalkeyboards.net? They are sold out of all their LED ones.I'm looking for a KBT Pure Orange LED (Brown Cherry MX).

http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=130

Its in stock.
| HHKB2ProOtaku | KBCPokerOtaku(MXblue) | KBTPureOrangeBrown | Heatware