Author Topic: Sweet little Mac keyboard  (Read 992 times)

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
Sweet little Mac keyboard
« on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 17:13:05 »
Just came across a really sweet little Mac keyboard at Fentek.

As usual, Fentek conceal what it is – looks like a DSI Modular Mac restyled to resemble Diatec's Mac keyboards of yore (no idea if they still make them; they were always Alps though, while this is Cherry of some description), with a trim little case. Lose the F key row and it's a Poker for the Mac.

Almost worth using a Mac to own it, although I do use the number pad a lot :)

"Compatible with Mac OS 10.3 and up" — so glad Apple finally got around to implementing keyboard support in OS X: that wheel-based keyboard input in earlier releases was really starting to get on my nerves.
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner

Offline kwago

Re: Sweet little Mac keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 21:38:38 »
nice find, I wonder how much it will cost

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 21:41:01 »
it's probably discontinued... they refer to a macaddict review. i bet a lot of younger geek hackers have never even HEARD of macaddict... sup nostalgia?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline Daniel Beardsmore

• RIP
    • Boring twaddle
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 October 2012, 04:25:10 »
Doh, didn't spot that. I notice that most websites retain the product page for discontinued products, such that when you do want something specific that's no longer manufactured, most Google Shopping results are for companies that don't have it.

Granted, I hate link rot as much as anyone else, but any conscientious company would use <meta> tags to prevent indexing of archived pages!

I wonder if this keyboard *became* the Modular Mac then ... which would be stupid – why make a keyboard larger for no reason?
Bore Awards
Most Boring Person on the Planet – 2011 Winner