Author Topic: KB not recognized on VM?  (Read 831 times)

Offline fl0w3n

KB not recognized on VM?
« on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 19:49:04 »
Okay, so I'm a student and I like to bring my spare Ducky with me to school to use instead of their nasty used, abused, shiny rubber domes in the library. 

There's a floor of computers that run Windows 7 Enterprise as a Virtual Machine. 

When I plug my Ducky (and now I tried my Filco today) into it, it recognizes it's a Keyboard and recognizes all the usb etc, but it just flat out won't work.  I also tried bringing a USB mouse, which worked instantly. 

I'm really confused as to why it won't work with my Keyboard :(

I hate this rubber dome  :mad:

Offline fl0w3n

Re: KB not recognized on VM?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 19:49:50 »
Sorry if this wasn't the appropiate section.

Offline Elxx

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 23:34:55 »
There shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work other than the school IT locking down the VMs ability to take control of usb devices(albeit the mouse working is weird).

Download whichever vm the school uses on your home computer/laptop and install something. See if it works. If it does, that can at least eliminate the VM as the problem.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 October 2012, 23:49:07 »
Wonder if the ducky needs to show up as multiple devices but the vm will only see one for the vm.

Offline fl0w3n

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 October 2012, 12:55:19 »
Ya it shows up as a few different USB devices under device manager, so I suppose that could be the problem :/